osteopathic neurosurgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how competitive is osteopathic neurosurgery? how do they compare to allopathic in terms of quality??

thank you for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

A graduate of your current school is the chief of pediatric neurosurgery at Children's hospital in Detroit.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, thanks a lot guys!

We had a DO rotate through our hospital for a year of trauma,and coming from him, he was blown away by how much superior the clinical and surgical training depth and breadth was compared to his program. Thats only n=1 though.

Dude you havent even started med school yet. Why dont you get through the first two years and do some rotations before you decide on what you are "just" going to do. I have met too many wanna be orthopods out there that just decided on general surgery because they didnt land an ortho spot and they are miserable as hell. If you want to do neuro, shoot for neuro and dont let anything stand in your way.

anyone have any idea what the job market is like for allopathic ns versus osteopathic ns ?? i think it is probablly the same, but since the residencies are so tough, i didnt know if anything else followed suit.

thanks.

cooldreams said:
i think im "just" gonna try to go general surgery.... and the hours are not quite as long. im not afriad of the long hrs, just would rather not be like 80-100 a week... :p

lol. f***in' great reasons to pick surgery! Be sure to mention these thoughts during your interviews.... lol.

Give the kid a break, he has'nt even started school yet.