Osteopathic Ophtho Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xclusiv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Day All,

3rd Year speaking. I was wondering how likely it would be to obtain an osteopathic ophthalmology spot in the '16 match.

Stats:
COMLEX- 541
USMLE- 218
EC: Sigma Sigma Phi w/ many volunteer hours. Membership in some student organizations. No research experience yet, though.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Good Day All,

3rd Year speaking. I was wondering how likely it would be to obtain an osteopathic ophthalmology spot in the '16 match.

Stats:
COMLEX- 541
USMLE- 218
EC: Sigma Sigma Phi w/ many volunteer hours. Membership in some student organizations. No research experience yet, though.

Thanks for any input.

I'm not applying osteopathic, but it's my understanding that much like every other DO residency program you need to rotate to have a shot.

I think your comlex is enough to be considered. Research can't hurt, do well on level two. Do as many aways as you can.

Just fyi that step 1 score is lethal for MD so definitely focus on DO match.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I will indeed be staying away ACGME programs with that Step 1 score.

Any further advice from people who've matched/are applying DO with similar stats would be appreciated.