Osteopathy in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not know any osteopathic physicians in Canada. Nor do I think that there is even a college of Osteopathic medicine in Canada. Does anyone know how a Canadian might go about getting into a D.O. school?

Members don't see this ad.

In order to get into a DO school in the US, you need to follow the same track as any applicant. You need to meet the requirements, fill out the applications, take the MCAT, and submit during application time.
Sometimes, schools require particular exams for foreign students, but they usually for testing English language abilities.
For more information, it would be best to call the schools which you are interested in and ask more about it.
I know there have been people on these boards who have asked about Canadians attending US med schools. Maybe posting in the "Everyone" area might be a good idea.

But again, call the individual schools and speak with their admissions committee. They will be able to help you best.

Best of luck.

PS: What part of Canada are you from?

My family is from Newfoundland.

<< Proud to be a Goofie Newfie! >>

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"

I am from out west... British Columbia