Ostrow- USC school...wes only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistpulse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As discussed in another thread USC is accepting only WES reports this year. Does anyone have any further confirmation regarding this ...isn't it plain stupid to get an altogether different evaluation done for just one school . Will they accept ece evaluations too ...as they haven't mentioned WES only on their websites? any idea

Members don't see this ad.

I called USC to confirm about that. They told me that we will accept ECE or WES.
But WES is must at time of admission. This is what they told me.....If someone has other info please share......

I called USC to confirm about that. They told me that we will accept ECE or WES.
But WES is must at time of admission. This is what they told me.....If someone has other info please share......

Ohh that's great.. thanx ...il call them too

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me the same........thanks

what does that mean?? we still need WES!! and we can not apply unless we have wes? am I right??

what is happening ..two people saying they accept one saying they don't accept-

what is happening ..two people saying they accept one saying they don't accept-

hi dentistpulse

I called USC in the morning and asked them whether they will accept ece.. he said we are not accepting ece this year. I didn't know what more to ask.. If u can please try once..:)

hi dentistpulse

I called USC in the morning and asked them whether they will accept ece.. he said we are not accepting ece this year. I didn't know what more to ask.. If u can please try once..:)
They told me the same when I called them few days ago, I will try to call them again.

ohh i m sorry i thought i already posted my reply in this thread... i asked them exactly this "will u accept the ece report while applying" and the answer was a simple "YES, but u need a WES report later" . Please clarify people...what exactly did they tell you

ohh i m sorry i thought i already posted my reply in this thread... i asked them exactly this "will u accept the ece report while applying" and the answer was a simple "YES, but u need a WES report later" . Please clarify people...what exactly did they tell you

I asked them will you accept ECE ? They told me no. Then I asked them why in CAAPID it says they accept ECE and WES? She said that was the last year cycle and CAAPID didn't update the information. In addition their website says WES ONLY; however they haven't mentioned that they won't accept ECE.

Last edited:
I asked them will you accept ECE ? They told me no. Then I asked them why in CAAPID it says they accept ECE and WES? She aid that was the last year cycle and CAAPID didn't update the information. In addition their website says WES ONLY; however they haven't mentioned that they won't accept ECE, I mean in the website

I called them and they told me they will accept ECE and I asked him about WES and he said it does not matter, either , or !!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and they told me they will accept ECE and I asked him about WES and he said it does not matter, either , or !!!!!!!!!

Hey hi dentmajid when did u call them?? what did u ask them??

this is bad... they themselves are confused.... WES is going to cost another 200$ approx isn't it?

yes...:( But if they assure me that they would seat in there college I am ready to spend:p just kidding

i called usc yesterday. I was told that they were accepting ece but now they will accept only WES when applying through CAAPID and at the time of admission too. No ece at all.

this is bad... they themselves are confused.... WES is going to cost another 200$ approx isn't it?

yea it is 160$ for course by course n then extra $$$ for additional reports and shipping etc.. that much money just because one college isn't accepting ece ! sigh

That what I'm thinking about, $160 for Wes and $150 application fees, and when I read the reviews over their IV it is not very good and messy. I started to hesitate about this school.

I called tham back again and they told me that they have changed the requirements for this year , and they will accept only WES ....NO ECE JUST WES ...
Also you can seethe web page of USC on CAAPID and it has changed and it shows that this school accepts only WES ......
Good Luck in That

WES requires photocopies of all documents to be attested only by registrar of university and then to be sent in a sealed envelope again... have u all done all this...i cant believe they are being so difficult in spite of having ece already

I called tham back again and they told me that they have changed the requirements for this year , and they will accept only WES ....NO ECE JUST WES ...
Also you can seethe web page of USC on CAAPID and it has changed and it shows that this school accepts only WES ......
Good Luck in That

I compared old pdf and new pdf of USC on caapid....They have updated it recently to WES only. Then why are they creating confusions by saying that you can send ECE right now and 'll need WES later.

Haha.....true......and when I called them they said they need course by course report plus a degree verification through their usc linked wes website.(additional 100$)

Haha.....true......and when I called them they said they need course by course report plus a degree verification through their usc linked wes website.(additional 100$)
That's true....They have also forwarded me same link wes/usc.....It means more than 500$ (75 caapid+ 145 money order+ ~230 for wes+ 100 for wes/usc)for applying to single school and still no assurance of getting even an interview....I know we have to do for our own good but still it matters.....

what????????? now they need both the course by course as well as the degree verification???? i thought the degree verification is only if you are admitted...r ul sure ?

I don't know it has to be submitted now or at time of addmission.....

I asked them as if what kind (document by document or course by course)of evaluation you are looking for. Is there any specific requirement about wes. Reply was as following:

Please go to www.wes.org/usc for the WES evaluation. This site is specific to USC and will ensure all the correct information is submitted for review.

Best,

Will.

I asked them as if what kind (document by document or course by course)of evaluation you are looking for. Is there any specific requirement about wes. Reply was as following:

Please go to www.wes.org/usc for the WES evaluation. This site is specific to USC and will ensure all the correct information is submitted for review.

this link is for degree verification or evaluation. as far as i know this is for evaluation specifically for usc and we wont even get a report. they will report directly to usc. So if we register and pay from the main website, it will be the same thing, but we ll have to send a copy to USC. This is really confusing. Why do they want us to spend extra 100 $ ...

Best,

Will.

So,Are you going with the basic course by course or ICAP evaluation of WES?

WES have already asked for degree verification from the cultural affairs of my country(I am not from India) in order to make the course by course WES report, so what is the difference? why we have to submit a degree verification from WES ?!!!

Unfortunately they require both. I received a reply from them regarding the same.Course by course as well as degree verification. Its really very expensive.:(

Unfortunately they require both. I received a reply from them regarding the same.Course by course as well as degree verification. Its really very expensive.:(

i called them but nobody answers the phone..so what they need is WES ICAP course by course ???

Can some one please guide as we require Basic Course by Course evaluation or ICAP course by course evaluation along with degree verification for USC?

For those who are looking for WES evaluation:
I sent an inquiry regarding the type of evaluation required to USC admission office, they replied as follows,

"We will accept either the ICAP or basic; we do not have a preference for either. As long as you also order the degree verification, you will meet the application requirements for the program."

Now I feel somewhat relieved by their response.
If someone feels that some info is missing please update.

Last edited:
:):D I think that clears all our doubts. Thank you @ Aiming for DDS.:thumbup:
I sent an inquiry regarding the type of evaluation required to USC admission office, they replied as follows,

"We will accept either the ICAP or basic; we do not have a preference for either. As long as you also order the degree verification, you will meet the application requirements for the program."

thanks a lot aimingforDDS for clearing our confusion ..:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi all,
Has anyone yet applied for WES evaluation? What I figured out is that we have to go for Basic/ ICAP course by course evaluation and degree verification( extra100$).
But, now my concern is about the required documents for WES evaluation. I do not have the attested photocopies of my mark sheets and degree from the College Registrar. Have you all got that. Can anyone throw some light on this issue?

You need to get all those documents attested from registrar office of your University. I know its tricky but you have to get those documents in a sealed envelope and then mail them to WES.

Hi All, I have the same question- did anyone got their apostile from their dental school? I cant even reach the authorized body of education in my country !!! Have anyone encountered the same problem?
Do we need to send out diplomas we have on hands or do they just look for them from our dental schools? Im lost.
Please advise guys!

Hi All, I have the same question- did anyone got their apostile from their dental school? I cant even reach the authorized body of education in my country !!! Have anyone encountered the same problem?
Do we need to send out diplomas we have on hands or do they just look for them from our dental schools? Im lost.
Please advise guys!
I have the same problem. Besides, the new dean of our dental school is anti american and won't write recommendation letters for any school or organization in the US. I'm stuck, too. I thought the NBDE's were the most difficult part. Believe me, they're not!:(

I have the same problem. Besides, the new dean of our dental school is anti american and won't write recommendation letters for any school or organization in the US. I'm stuck, too. I thought the NBDE's were the most difficult part. Believe me, they're not!:(
AGREEE WITH YOU MY FRIEND... I think we should not worry about the tests because it is our part of the application, while the other part of the application you need other people's help, unfortunately some of those people WONT help. But I have a faith that God is there for us

does the university hav to send transcript matching form along with the dental transcripts to WES ?

In the recipients column of WES evaluation, we have to fill the the name and address of USC , it isn't there when we search for it ????

Hi Guys .. Any one done with WES evaluation??

Hi,
anyone done with WES evaluation. Can we do ICAP or Basic. If we do ICAP, do we still need to do the degree verification from USC or should we do basic and then do degree verification form USC website.
Some one kindly clarify,
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi....WES is asking for internship certificate.Should the photocopy of certificate be issued by the university or dental college..... because mine is issued by the dental college. Thank you

Hi....WES is asking for internship certificate.Should the photocopy of certificate be issued by the university or dental college..... because mine is issued by the dental college. Thank you

it is issued by dental college only.. rest of the documents to be attested by the uni ..

Hi all,

DO we have to send the WES eval to both CAAPID and USC, or can we send it only to USC>?

THANKS!!