OSU-CHS (Tulsa) Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnderGrad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of stupid questions, but I'm asking them anyway. I'm probably screwed because I applied so late. I just received my supplmental application yesterday to OSU-CHS in Tulsa.

I was just wondering if I was supposed to confine my answers to the allowed space. It doesn't seem as if 6 lines can convey my "unique characteristics" and other details they want to know. Did you OSUers use a separate sheet of paper or use the form provided?

Also, on the letters of recommendations, it asks for "at least 3" from faculty or a pre-med advisory committee. How many did you send? Is it better for my professors to actually write a letter instead of using the forms?

Also, as far as DO recs go, did you just use the form or have them actually write a letter? I have a plethora of DOs who have volunteered to write an evaluation for me. Should I send more than one, or is that considered inappropriate?

Sorry for so many questions. This is the school I really want to go to, and I just want to make sure I do everything right.

I would appreciate any input from current/previous applicants.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

First on my supp. i just wrote it on the 6 lines provided. As far as my recommendation i sent 4, 2 from faculty and 2 from D.O.'s. From those, 3 wrote their own letters and 1 used the evaluation form. I know they are still interviewing so i would hurry up and get your stuff in. And as far as how many to send i dont think it really matters, more the better i guess.

Thanks for the info. I am busting my a** finishing it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad-

I'm an MS2 here at OSU-CHS, and i completed my supplementals around the middle of december. A little sooner than you, i know, but i know someone in my class who completed theirs as late as the beginning of february (but please don't wait THAT long). I kept my answers limited to the lines provided-- all they really want is a sense of what you're about-- they'll use the interview to get the details. And as for the rec letters-- we had a committee at my school that used 5 letters of rec to form one big one. I sent that in along w/ 2 DO letters (one from an alum the other from our family doc) hope that helps

take it easy

homonculus

I just received my interview invitation from OSU-COM yesterday. I sent in a pre-med commitee letter. At our school, our pre-med committee is composed of people from the physics, chemistry, and biology departments. Of course, certain professors will know (or like) you better than others. Everybody that knows you well, or just wants to comment something positive about you writes their comments down. Then, our committee chair, composes the letter for you, and attaches all the separate comments.

I had shadowed this particular D.O. only once, but she was kind enough to fill out the recommendation form for me...since she did not know me personally. I only wrote on the lines provided. I hope that helps. I think 2 D.O. recs would be o.k.