Osu-com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bessybug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some student insight on the bridge program at OSU? As far how competitive it is and so forth. What do the other students think about it.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to be *disadvantaged* to qualify. You basically get to do the first year of med school over 2 years (this is a simplification on my part, but gives the big picture). I don't know how many they interview each year, but I believe there are usually 10 spots (heard rumors that was dropping, though).

You're probably best off contacting the school. I don't believe that there are any active SDNers who are/have been in the program.

Thank you for the info. They are only taking 8 this year because it is not funded by grant money anymore. I was curious if anyone on student doctor was in that program.

I've talked with quite a few in the program. I think it is a good thing to check into. You take courses with the med students. If you pass them all, you're automatically accepted into the next MS1 class. If you do well enough in the classes, you only have to audit them when you're an MS1 rather than re-take them. (auditing is a new requirement, from what I was told)