• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bhattnea

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm not sure if i should drive down the 5 hrs in this snow storm since i've heard they might be closed tomorrow. But, i feel like they would have sent an email to interviewees if this was true. A DISASTER if you ask me! anyone else in the same boat?

spygal

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
Just call today to confirm that they will indeed be interviewing tomorrow.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
In a world all my own.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Call today.... Same as you would on a job interview with a blizzard a'brewin'.

Pre-meds get no extra points for blowing away in a snow storm! :laugh:

About the Ads

bhattnea

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yea i called but i guess the admissions people left at 2pm today!? So i didn't get any definite answer.

BellyDancingDoc

Rump Shaker
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Why don't you drive down tonight and stay in a motel near the school? It will cost you a little extra $$$, but at least you'll be right there...

As for OSU cancelling the interview, I kinda doubt they'd do that. People have flown in from all over the country to come and interview; you can't really cancel on them unless it's a true diaster situation... at least, that's what I'd hope.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
My area has had some nasty weather this year and I've always been amazed that the applicants manage to get here. (I'm an adcom member.) One even carpooled with another passenger when their plane was diverted to an airport 250 miles away. If it isn't too late in OSU's season, you could try to reschedule. It is very unlikely that the interview day will be cancelled.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.