OSU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. I'm scheduled to interview at OSU on Oct 25. I was wondering if anyone has an itenarary for OSU. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to make travel accomodations. Also, does anyone have any suggestions about staying at a particular hotel near campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Try Varsity Inn. It's pretty cheap and very close to campus. They can call a free shuttle to deliver you to the school in the morning. The rooms are pretty nice (but they gave me a room reeking of smoke even though there was a no-smoking sign on the door). If you want to unwind the day before interview, there is a movie megaplex a few minutes of walk to the north. For food, the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe right next door to the motel is all right, and you get a free apetitezer there if you live in Varsity Inn.

My day was 10:45 am to 2:30 pm. But that can vary; check your interview invite letter. The day went like this: Talks and presentations --> lunch --> tour --> interview (one with med student, another with faculty). The admissions staff were very organized and kind and the general consensus among the people I interviewed with is that interviews were low stress.

bonus: they give you a tote bag, perfect for a laptop.

Good luck

Somewhere on your status page should be a schedule/letter with info about interview day. If you can't find it, call the admissions office and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try Varsity Inn. It's pretty cheap and very close to campus. They can call a free shuttle to deliver you to the school in the morning. The rooms are pretty nice (but they gave me a room reeking of smoke even though there was a no-smoking sign on the door). If you want to unwind the day before interview, there is a movie megaplex a few minutes of walk to the north. For food, the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe right next door to the motel is all right, and you get a free apetitezer there if you live in Varsity Inn.

My day was 10:45 am to 2:30 pm. But that can vary; check your interview invite letter. The day went like this: Talks and presentations --> lunch --> tour --> interview (one with med student, another with faculty). The admissions staff were very organized and kind and the general consensus among the people I interviewed with is that interviews were low stress.

bonus: they give you a tote bag, perfect for a laptop.

Good luck

Did you bring your luggage with you to the interview?

My interview is the 2nd of October, but the day also goes from about 10:45-2:30 or so. I found a Motel 6 nearby that was pretty cheap, but I am going to look into your suggested motel.

Did you bring your luggage with you to the interview?

My interview is the 2nd of October, but the day also goes from about 10:45-2:30 or so. I found a Motel 6 nearby that was pretty cheap, but I am going to look into your suggested motel.

I think it will be fine if you do bring your luggage. The admin people allow you to put it in a corner of the admissions office.

the Holiday Inn on Lane is a good place to stay. Right across the street from campus. The med school is on the opposite side of campus, but you can jump on a campus bus right at that edge of campus which will take you directly there, they come every 8 minutes (just ask the bus driver which stop to get off at for the med school).

good luck, we have the same interview date so maybe ill see you there :thumbup:

I think it will be fine if you do bring your luggage. The admin people allow you to put it in a corner of the admissions office.

Agreed. Also - they are very accomodating about putting those who have earlier flights to catch in the first interview group, if possible.

the Holiday Inn on Lane is a good place to stay. Right across the street from campus. The med school is on the opposite side of campus, but you can jump on a campus bus right at that edge of campus which will take you directly there, they come every 8 minutes (just ask the bus driver which stop to get off at for the med school).

good luck, we have the same interview date so maybe ill see you there :thumbup:

Being a student here and living super close to the holiday inn, it's on the oppisite side of campus. YOu wil have ot walk a block for the bus which are very unreliable. You can stay there but leave plenty of time for the bus because it has made me late numerous times.