OSU vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotdotdot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I was accepted off the waitlist today at Einstein, and I have a week to make a decision between Einstein and Ohio State. Most things considered, I'm still torn between this decision. The blurred memories from interview days don't help much either.

Location: Bronx vs. Columbus. I'm from CA, so naturally I like diverse, urban cities and would love the opportunity to come back to CA for my residency. I know Bronx is no NYC, but it's accessible if I wanted the city life. I also really liked the quiet, midwestern college town feel OSU offers. I'm torn on this one.

Pre-Clinical Curriculum: I think both are P/F, and I'm not particularly interested in the ISP program at OSU, so I think this is a tie?

Clinicals: Einstein has an amazing network of clinical affiliates and so does OSU. I don't think I would be limited by opportunities by either school.

Diversity: I think this is where OSU falters a little. Columbus as a city does not seem to offer much cultural diversity, both in terms of the students and the patients. I could be mistaken, however, as this is based merely on my limited exposure during interview day.

Cost: I haven't received the FA packages from Einstein yet, but despite getting all loans from OSU, I do get residency status after 1st year for tuition purposes.

Interview day impressions: OSU really pampered its applicants well. From the flash drives and bags to the personal phone calls and letters from alumni, OSU really does an outstanding job in recuitment and showing how much they care. This could possibly translate into how receptive and accommodating the administration and faculty are to their students.

At the end of the day, I still don't know how to choose. I hate the idea of looking back and thinking the "what-ifs." Any advice on this dilemma is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

From California and chose Einstein over another ohio school (Case) and even though i hear GREAT things about Case I am sssooo happy with my decision. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Hello,

Just wanted to clarify that the Bronx is a part of New York City. It's just a different borough than Manhattan, which people colloquially refer to as "the city". But, you are right to think it is a bit less urban.

Status
Not open for further replies.