OSU (OOS) vs. VCU (OOS) vs. Louisville (OOS) vs. MWU-AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Chase

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was blessed and fortunate enough to be accepted to these programs. My wife and I are having a difficult decision choosing between these schools. I live in Utah. Honestly, Midwestern is crazy expensive but from what I can see as far the clinical exposure you receive it may be worth it. I don't know if I want to specialize (Most likely pediatrics)yet so i'd prefer to go to a school where I could keep my options open if I did want to. My father and two uncles all went to Louisville so I have a family legacy there. I'd like to end up back in Utah or at least in AZ, ID, NV, or WY. I'd like to get some input and advice on what you think are the pros/cons of each program and which you would go to. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wanna clarify? Where do you live now? Goals? Money an issue? what do you think about each school, pros and cons?

Reactions: 1 user
Wanna clarify? Where do you live now? Goals? Money an issue? what do you think about each school, pros and cons?
i'd add - where do you want to practice in the future and sig other/family?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern is crazy expensive but from what I can see as far the clinical exposure you receive it may be worth it
You heard wrong. No school's clinical exposure is worth the cost.

Go to the cheapest school. From any school you can 1) specialize in whatever you want, 2) work where you want

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Ohio State, and work to get in-state after the first year.

Also for you're willing to go to Wyoming you'll make a whole lot more there than in Utah