OSUCOM -class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI to all,

just wanted to get to know some of you before we start in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I was so excited to see your message posted. I'm one of your new classmates. My name is Amy. Are you starting to get nervous yet? I am a little. Anyway, let me know more about you and we can look for each other on Aug. 11.

here is a little info about me. I graduated from OU with a b.s. in chemical engineering and then took a year off to blow off some steam and work. I am extremely nervous about starting in august but am also excited about the long road ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Please let me know if you have any questions.

I recommend that some of you get together before orientation week...go out for dinner or something...so that you'll know a few people before everything starts. There are some from my class who'd be happy to join you and give you all of the good info. ;)

I can already tell we have some really nice people in our school. Thanks for the link DrMOM. I think it is a good idea to try to get together before orientation week. That will take off a little of the pressure on the first day. I know this is going to be great (great, but hard) year and a great class!

Congratulations on your acceptance. Enjoy your summer and don't even think about school. But if you come up with any questions, feel free to ask. Fenrezz and I are good at answering questions about med school. ;)

hi amy,

I am gonna be in tulsa for part of july and of course in august. do you want to suggest a place where we can meet up probably with some others who respond to this thread. BTW, my name is sarat.

You guys are welcome to PM or email me. I'm in Tulsa for the bulk of the summer.

BTW: If anyone is looking for somewhere to live, I know a family with a rental house quite close to the school. The house will be available Aug 1. I have more info if anyone is interested.

Sarat,

That sounds cool. We'll definitely have to figure something out. I'm hoping more of our classmates will sign on and see our thread.

Originally posted by DireWolf
Congratulations on your acceptance. Enjoy your summer and don't even think about school. But if you come up with any questions, feel free to ask. Fenrezz and I are good at answering questions about med school. ;)

Yeah, Direwolf and I are a good resource for information about medical school. Basically if we give advice, do the exact opposite and you'll have plenty of success in the upcoming year.

Hope you all are having a good summer. I'm roughing it at my brothers beach condo in Ft. Lauderdale. :D

Wish I could have scared the first years about Dr. Taylor. I was so looking forward to that.

I too am starting this fall.... MY name is Jon Kirkland. I am moving into westport on July 21. I would be more than happy to meet any and all of my future classmates. I graduated from UCO with a degree in biology, and a minor in chemistry. My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 405-205-0443 if you are in okc before july 20 or in tulsa after that and you wish to get together!!! I look forward to seeing you all!!!!

:clap:

Maybe you should do what we did last year. Set up a list of people who plan on going to the pre-orientation dinner. That way you can book a restaurant and get a private dinner room to yourselves. Unlike last year, this dinner can have some second years along as well. I'd be happy to go assuming I'm back in Oklahoma by then.

You all can argue out the date and venue, but I thought Full Moon Cafe was cool since they gave us that room. I for one, found orientation week a LOT more relaxing already having met 5 or so classmates early. I'm sure a few second years will be happy to join to give you guys advice about the upcoming year.

Members don't see this ad :)
For God's sake, whatever you do...DONT ask me any questions about OSU. And where was I during this whole pre-school party thing? Huh, fenrezz?

He will probably come up with something like: "oh, i didnt even know you yet, Idiopathic", or "only the cool people are coming"

I am so pissed off.

Originally posted by Idiopathic
For God's sake, whatever you do...DONT ask me any questions about OSU. And where was I during this whole pre-school party thing? Huh, fenrezz?

He will probably come up with something like: "oh, i didnt even know you yet, Idiopathic", or "only the cool people are coming"

I am so pissed off.

:laugh: :laugh:

That's what you get for not being on SDN a year ago! :p

I am so pissed off.

Don't look at me. I saw you walking around, and made the assumtion that you were an incoming student, but DrMom said she didnt like the look of you and refused me permission to invite you. What can I say? I must obey MOM!

You shoulda been there. The strippers were outstanding. Free friction dances all night. Even cinnamon was there, doing her patented around-the-neck ankle swirl!

:D

Alrighty all..... no need to fight!!!

I say we all get together like the Saturday night before orientation (the 10th, I believe). I would be more than happy to be the contact person. I am moving to Tulsa in 10 days!! wooo hooo... westport, here comes the party train!!

If you are interested in attending, email me at [email protected]

or call me at
405 205-0443

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure even second years are welcome!!!!

Jon

Hey, My name is David and Im an incoming student at OSUCOM. Glad I found this page becuase I would like to get to know as many of my classmates as possible. I graduated from NSU last may with a bio degree and I have been living in Tulsa all summer.

Congrats on your acceptance. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

Can someone check idio's temperature?

Who has the rectal thermometer for Idio's temp?

Originally posted by jon62781
Who has the rectal thermometer for Idio's temp?

:eek: I'm not volunteering!!!

:laugh:
don't worry all of you 2007ers...we're all pretty harmless! ;)

Any of you guys are welcome to get ahold of me if you have any questions.

Hi, it's good to see all of the new students (and Fenrezz and Dr. Mom, too). Anyway, I'm living the hard life in Costa Rica this summer, but I look forward to meeting everyone when school starts.
ciao.

Originally posted by smashley
Hi, it's good to see all of the new students (and Fenrezz and Dr. Mom, too). Anyway, I'm living the hard life in Costa Rica this summer, but I look forward to meeting everyone when school starts.
ciao.

Are you an 07 or an 06?

She's a perfect 10! ;)

Fenrezz, you always were my favorite!

It?s very good to hear from you all. My name is Brian Kelley I will also be starting as an MS1 in August. I graduated from the University of Kansas with a BS in genetics and am both extremely excited as well as nervous to get started. Jon Kirkland (another incoming student) has suggested a pre-orientation dinner. I am definitely in, it sounds like a great way to share some of our anxieties as well as get to know each other. His email address is [email protected]. If you would like to contact me and chat you can reach me at [email protected] or 918-269-3675. Congratulations all!

Brian.

Hey its David Hopkins, another incoming MS1. Count me in for the pre orientation dinner. Sounds like a great idea. Sunday night the 10th, would be good for me. Full Moon Cafe is a pretty good suggestion. My email is [email protected]

Okay, well I've heard two different dates, Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th. We'll have to find which date is best for everyone.

Full moon cafe is a suggestion, anyone have any objections to that place?

I guess the last detail to discuss is who is buying my dinner?

Fenrezz, I thought you were buying for everyone. Remember??? :D

Originally posted by smashley
Fenrezz, I thought you were buying for everyone. Remember??? :D

Actually, when I said everyone I meant my invisible friends. :D

Of course, I would have trouble buying dinner for anyone, considering I have to spend my loan money on a 50 inch plasma television with Bose surround sound system. Think I could do with a new handheld video camera with night vision and of course I can't video tape anything in my apartment until I buy a new leather furniture set. Come to think of it, I could use a new bedroom set, as well as a whole new wardrobe.

You know, this student loan thing is a really good idea!

Any of you guys are welcome to get ahold of me

Now that is a soft lob, just waiting to be overhead smashed...right into the net

btw, if any of you ms2s wanna come out to broken arrow the weekend before classes start, i am having people over (i wont be terribly upset if you dont...i will have plenty of beer to drown my sorrows.)

hopefully smashley will have returned from the ganja-fest that must be costa rica this time of year...just in time to show off her dreads

I think Saturday the 9th is best. That way we have a day for the hangover to subside before school starts. Any objections?? What is full moon Cafe?? I am not at all familiar with Tulsa.

Now back to the real story...who exactly is going to check my rectal temp? (PLEASE let it be fenrezz)

You know it Big Boy! ;) While I'm at it, I can practice locating your ILA. WOOHOOO!

On a sadder note, it took me almost a minute to remember that it was called ILA (I'm still not sure it's right). Man, the first 2 weeks of school is really gonna suck. I've forgotten everything I've learned.

btw, if any of you ms2s wanna come out to broken arrow the weekend before classes start, i am having people over (i wont be terribly upset if you dont...i will have plenty of beer to drown my sorrows.)

Email me the day and time. I'll swing by if I can.

hopefully smashley will have returned from the ganja-fest that must be costa rica this time of year...just in time to show off her dreads

That reminds me. Ashley, are we still agreed upon that price we negotiated for that Costa Rican, umm... oregano you were gonna sell me? :D

Originally posted by jon62781
I think Saturday the 9th is best. That way we have a day for the hangover to subside before school starts. Any objections?? What is full moon Cafe?? I am not at all familiar with Tulsa.

Full Moon Cafe is a restaurant not too far from school (on 15th St...Cherry St for those more familiar with Tulsa). It has good food, with a wide variety...burgers, pasta, salads.

There are other restaurants nearby: Chimi's (Mexican), Hideaway (Pizza), and, of course, there are many other restaurants in other parts of town. For those of you familiar with Tulsa, the Brookside area would work, too.

So what is the plan guys?? Does everyone want to meet at the Restaurant or at the school? Personally, I have no idea where full moon cafe is, but I have a couple of weeks to find it. Do we need reservations? or to call and reserve a room? Who all is going to bring someone? (spouse, sig. other, child, love slave, favorite book, or neighborhood gang members). I am going out of town for a little over a week, and will be unavailable. I hope you guys can live without me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:
:eek: :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

+pissed+

I'll talk to you all in a week or so!!!!!!

You'll want to work those things out. You will need a reservation at Full Moon or wherever.

Here's what we did last year (course, you can do whatever you want :) ) :
we made "reservations" in our thread & "assigned" a person to call the restaurant
we included spouses/sig others
we met at school and carpooled to the restaurant

I'm happy to help out, but this is your party, not mine :D

Thats a great Idea....

If you want to go, make a reservation post on this thread.
Include if you will be bringing anyone with you.

I'll be making a reservation for 2. I'm bringing a friend, if that is allright. Can't wait to meet everyone. Is someone going to call the restaurant?

Okay so far its:

fenrezz (rick)
drmom
jon62781
deano and friend

Guess people should add to the list.

Oops.. sorry mom! :)

The list so far for Saturday, August 10th (location yet to be determined):

Idiopathic (listed first and capitalized) ;)
fenrezz (rick)
drmom
jon62781
deano and friend

If you want to add your name, either copy and paste the list or reply with quote and add your name with anyone else you are going to bring.

Damn straight...of course, Saturday August 10th doesnt happen until 2013 (look it up)...I guess ol' Idio is out of the loop again. Never fear, however...I will be waiting at the Full Moon for you guys on Saturday, August 10, 2013.

If I would have read what you guys wrote BEFORE school had started, you might have never seen my face around that school. You guys sure are doing a good job of running of all the people we get to pick on this year!!;) I would like to join the dinner party, but I'm not sure if I will be in town.....got everyone pegged except idiopathic...have a guess, but not sure. See you guys later.

Hey Fenrezz....when is our first BOB Club meeting??