OSUCOM -class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The list so far for Saturday, August 9th (location yet to be determined):

Idiopathic (listed first and capitalized)
fenrezz (rick)
drmom
jon62781
deano and friend
drshonda (maybe)

Welcome to SDN, Shonda! :) I'm afraid I'm going to have to see your official class rank before you can join any of the B.O.B. meetings. We have to make sure you don't give us a bad name! :D

Members don't see this ad.

There were two mice that got dropped into a tub of cream. One mouse couldn't swim very good and sank to the bottom. The other swam and swam until he churned butter and climbed out..... I failed swimming lessons when I was a kid. Is there a Barrel club....even lower than the bottom? That's the one for me!!

Guys, count me in (real name-sarat)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by drshonda
There were two mice that got dropped into a tub of cream. One mouse couldn't swim very good and sank to the bottom. The other swam and swam until he churned butter and climbed out....

Shondra, you haven't been floating bad checks lately have you? ;)

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
drmom MS II
jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
drshonda (maybe) MS II
supersars MS I

Corrected and updated:

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
drmom MS II
drshonda (maybe) MS II
drmaxy MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er (maybe) MS I

Count me in guys. My husband, Quinn, will probably be going too. My name is Amy. I might be the one that e-mailed Jon. I just haven't been on in a while. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

This is great. I'm padding up my number of posts and still provide useful information!

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
drmom MS II
drshonda (maybe) MS II
drmaxy MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
cuteD.O.c MSI and husband
non-SDN'er (maybe) MS I

Count me in... so far I have been in Tulsa for two days and done very little, partially due to the heat, partially due to the fact that I know next to no one having just moved here from KC. I promise not to offend anyone. Is the beer there cold?

Luv
BK :rolleyes: :clap:

Yeah I can understand that. When I moved to Tulsa last August, I was thankful I decided not to bring the furniture. When we got there it was 105 degrees. That's just inhuman. Imagine someone from Florida complaining about the heat!

Did you move into Westport?

The list goes on for Saturday, August 9th (location yet to be determined):

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
drmom MS II
drshonda (maybe) MS II
drmaxy MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
cuteD.O.c MSI and husband
non-SDN'er (maybe) MS I
bck MS I

I did happen to move into Westport, the decision was made when I realized that I could walk to and from school for the next two years. What is strange is that I have noticed that several MSIIs that I have talked with only lived here for one year. Is this the expected trend????? If you have any suggestions as to what I should be doing with the large amount of free time I have now, they would be appreciated. For the past two days I have been a bit bored. I usually run in the morning, then review my anatomy and biochem (just to be safe... this whole MSI thing is kind of nerve racking), then I try to find something to do. I am getting pretty frustrated with daytime Tulsa TV......ENOUGH INFOMERCIALS!!!!...

BK:D

Originally posted by bck
I usually run in the morning, then review my anatomy and biochem (just to be safe... this whole MSI thing is kind of nerve racking)

:eek: No studying!!!! :eek:
Seriously, It's a waste of your time at this point. Try to find something else to do...anything else. You'll be spending the next billion years studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't bother studying now. Just sit back and do lots of relaxing while you can. When you get really bored and frustrated, I recommend renting Fight Club on DVD and watching it several times, then start beating the crap outta your couch in between viewings. It's a great stress reliever! I have a copy on DVD if you feel the need after Blockbuster closes. :D

I have a question to pose for the pre-orientation dinner. Does anyone object to mexican food (other because they don't like it or can't eat it)?

If not, we can make the reservation at Full Moon Cafe.

You make the call!

The spicier the better. I grew up eating cajun and tai food, so count me in for the mexican. You know.....the funny thing about spicy food is how short it burns going in, and how long it burns coming out... go figure.

Luv
BK:scared:

I have no objections to mexican food. Mexican means margaritas are nearby, so no problem there.

I was feeling a little left out, so I had to post. Fenrezz, you had better not leave me out of the BOB club. . .in fact, I was thinking of running for president.

I imagine I will not be coming to school until I absolutely have to; otherwise, I would love to join you guys.

Originally posted by UnderGrad
I was feeling a little left out, so I had to post. Fenrezz, you had better not leave me out of the BOB club. . .in fact, I was thinking of running for president.

I imagine I will not be coming to school until I absolutely have to; otherwise, I would love to join you guys.

Of course you're welcome to join! Although your ambition to be president will create a power stuggle between you and I. :D

When are you going back to Tulsa? I'm getting back there Monday. I can't believe the summer is almost over. It's beyond depressing.

Seriously, guys...I dont even know what the BOB club is, and I am pretty sure I am already the leader. As far as the rest of it goes, dont let the great and powerful fenrezz get you to slack off...it took him until mid-terms just to find the lecture hall :)

Originally posted by Idiopathic
As far as the rest of it goes, dont let the great and powerful fenrezz get you to slack off...it took him until mid-terms just to find the lecture hall :)

I thought that he forgot where the lecture hall was after fall midterms.

OSU has a lecture hall??

Hey all MSII and new MSIs,
How has everyones summer been? I just got back into town today and I would like to meet with you all for lunch if I am going to be in town so mark me as a possible. For the MSI folks, I have seen a few people talk about studing during the summer, I would not suggest it. You will be wishing you had time to sit around and watch tv or talk with your family in just a month or so when you have your first tests. Personally, I am going to spend the next few weeks hanging out at the westport pool having a few drinks and playing NCAA 2004 on PS2.

TOOOOOOOOOOOO-SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

the pic is my brother and I in PISA

Attachments

• 5555.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 135
Originally posted by too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life
playing NCAA 2004 on PS2.

Is that worth buying? How much more could they have added from 2003?

Boy this thread looks a lot more like class of 2006 than 2007.

I am curious whether or not I should buy a gaming system. I hear they are like crack, and I would not want to end up blowing my textbook money on games. So does anyone have an alternative suggestion for a time killer without all the side effects?????

Luv
BK:)

Originally posted by bck
I am curious whether or not I should buy a gaming system. I hear they are like crack, and I would not want to end up blowing my textbook money on games. So does anyone have an alternative suggestion for a time killer without all the side effects?????

Yeah, buy mine...get it the hell away from me. :)

Whats up kids???? Man, I leave for like a week, and allll the posts come crawling out of the woodwork.

I got an email from Aunna (a fellow MSI). She would love to attend, but her kid sister is getting married that Saturday. Should we move it, or are all you MS-II'ers tooo set in your old person ways to rewrite your calendars (Just kidding!!!)

As for the restaurant, I think mexican might be better!! More alcohol!

I have another question. My Mentor is Kevin O'Neal. He has a scope to sell, but wants a thousand dollars. I don't so much have a grand lying around right now, before the loan money gets here. Then the thousand dollar bills will be flowing like Cristal at Puffy's B-Day party. What should I do??????

Originally posted by jon62781
Then the thousand dollar bills will be flowing like Cristal at Puffy's B-Day party. What should I do??????

Is that Cristal champagne or meth? I hear both are quite popular at birthday parties these days (J/K).

Luv
BK:clap:

Buy mine :)

You can wait until the first day of classes to get your scope (2nd day, actually). or if you write kevin a check, I am sure he will not put it in the bank until the end of the week.

Originally posted by jon62781
Whats up kids???? Man, I leave for like a week, and allll the posts come crawling out of the woodwork.

I got an email from Aunna (a fellow MSI). She would love to attend, but her kid sister is getting married that Saturday. Should we move it, or are all you MS-II'ers tooo set in your old person ways to rewrite your calendars (Just kidding!!!)

As for the restaurant, I think mexican might be better!! More alcohol!

I have another question. My Mentor is Kevin O'Neal. He has a scope to sell, but wants a thousand dollars. I don't so much have a grand lying around right now, before the loan money gets here. Then the thousand dollar bills will be flowing like Cristal at Puffy's B-Day party. What should I do??????

#1: Doesn't matter to me when you do a dinner. Plan it & I'll see if I can make it. :) (pretty flexible for an old lady!!)

#2: on the microscope, ask him if you can pay him after the loan check comes in. You'll pretty much have to spend around a grand on it no matter what. He should remember what it was like ;)

#3: My first year may want to join in on your dinner, not an SDNer yet, but I think we can forgive her that! :D The one I mentioned as a possibility earlier was Aunna, so this one is different.

#4: Mexican is good. That's my vote (if I get a vote for your party, that is). :laugh:

Fenrezz,
Yes, 2004 is much better!! The crowd is awsome, there are new tackles, the playaction pass is realistic, and you can get a pick much more often if the QB is on the run.

I did not think of my ps2 as crack!!! Myself and a few Mike's you msIIs may know played at least a few times a week after studing. It is a great way to get your mind off school and just relax. If you are worried about being distratcted, you better sell your phone, tv, and computer.

Dr. Mom, What's up!! Do you remember that Trauma doc that gave the presentation in OKC? He is coming on OCT. 6

All MSI's Join the ER club---(that is me using sdn to get a few new members)

New pic- ROME, Guess where

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO-SSSSSSSWWWWWEEETTTTT

Attachments

• 66666.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 132
Your pics are making me jealous!!

glad to hear that you got the trauma covered. :D

:clap: Yay for the ER club!!!! :clap:

You all have to join family medicine club, too. it's free, so no biggie there. You'll be seeing me promoting it at orientation. :)

Well, since everyone else is hopping on here and promoting clubs, I might as well follow the crowd (my parents would be so disappointed). This year is going to be a great year with the surgery club, so I look for all of you to join. :eek: Even if you are not planning on going into surgery, we will have some speakers that give some insight into some of the fields you will be rotating in!

Enough of that.....Yeah for Mexican Food!! I'm still up in the air on if I will be there or not, but it's sounding like more and more fun all the time.

Too sweet: I'm so jealous.....did you know that they do not have a coliseum at TRMC....I didn't see one all summer!!!! Hope you had a great time!!:clap:

Heys guys, I am another MS1 living at Westport waiting for school to start. I have to work on the Saturday that the preorient. dinner is planned. That Friday or that Sunday would be great for me but no big deal if it can't be changed.

Okay, I'll promote my club too. I'm vice-president of SNMA. I have no idea what they do, or even what it stands for, but it I like telling people I'm vice-president of it. I'm not even sure you can sign up for it, but if you can, please do so. We need all the support we can get for whatever it is we do.

As far as pre-orientation dinner, Friday is good for me. Hell, any day is good for me. Starting Monday I'm gonna be sitting on my ass in my apartment in Tulsa watching por... err... family movies all day long. So any night works for me.

Sounds like Mexican food it is. As far as the night, I guess we can switch to Friday unless there are some people who object. I have no idea how we're gonna decide this.

Dochoppy are ya gonna be working during med school? Also, are there any 2007'ers living in building 1535? a 2006 moved out from right above me and I'm curious if another student took the apartment.

Anyone have any objections to moving the dinner to Friday? I love mexican food. Come on, Friday sounds great doesn't it. I would really like to meet a few people before school actually starts.

Fenrezz, I work for EMS in Muskogee so I am going to stay on part time through my first year (one shift a month) and first summer of school. It won't be for the money but for the experience I get working for EMS.

Glad to see so much action on the OSU thread. I bet the dinner will be great. Sorry I won't be able to make it.

I want to join in the fun by including one of my own vacation pics. It's from a beach in Costa Rica. After much deliberation, I decided not to include one with me in it. I have yet to make the transition back to the "school Ashley" and I don't want to cause any health problems for those that might be shocked by my appearance. ;)

t-s-p-c-4-l: Hey, I met your friend, Trey, from college. He's a student at my Spanish school. Small world, eh?

I hope everyone enjoys the last few moments before school starts!!

Attachments

• puntarenas.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 126
I thought I would jump into the fray and show you guys one of the pictures from my summer vacation.

snorkel.jpg

Friday sounds fantastic!!! Shall we meet at the school parking lot? I will be there and I will even make the reservations for the restaurant of choice... mexican at the Full Moon? Is this the right name? Is it the one on Peoria? Let's live it up... soon we will be emersed in formaldehyde. Since we haven't had any "objections" sounds like Friday night is the winner.

Once in band camp....
;)

The mexican place we decided was Chimi's. Don't know where it is though, Drmom will have to chime in with the address.

I guess Friday it is, then, as long as no one poses an objections from here on out.

Okay. As the offical mom of SDN & OSU MS2, I'll make the executive decision & move the dinner to Friday night. ;) It doesn't look like anyone other than dochoppy has anything big on their schedules, so I'm assuming we can be flexible. :D Someone yell soon if there is some problem with this.

momdo, you're welcome to make the reservations, but we'll need a better head count so hold off for a few days still.

The Mexican restaurant is Chimi's on 15th street. And, yes, we probably should meet in the school parking lot and carpool over.

If any of you have any school/Tulsa questions, feel free to PM or email me. :D

Friday sounds good to me. Ill wear my sombrero and goldfish platform shoes.

Luv
BK

Hey guys. The mom in me took over & I PMed the people who appeared interested in the dinner but who had not posted since we changed the date. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

So, Friday the 8th it is. What mexican restaurant???? I WILL NOT EAT AT ON THE BORDER. Bad memories about a fish, a knife, and a Speedo. Lets not go there.

So, who all is going? I need a number of people and a restaurant and I will do the work..... maybe I should run for President of the class since I give orders soooooooooooooooo well!!!!!! wooo hoooo haahahahhahaha... Jon in power!