osucom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really would love to go to OSUCOM, but I am not an oklahoma resident. I live in TUlsa for two years, but never established residency. I am now a resident of Washington. I have quite a bit of family in Oklahome. How can I go about trying to establish residency, or is it pointless.

Members don't see this ad.

I only know of 2 ways to establish residency in Oklahoma
1. Work full-time in Oklahoma for past 12 months
2. Marry an Oklahoma resident

If you plan in advance it will save you over $20,000 each year in tuition to be a resident. On the other hand, you'll probably have big $$ loans anyways. OSU does take a number of out-of-staters.

Originally posted by DrMom
I only know of 2 ways to establish residency in Oklahoma
1. Work full-time in Oklahoma for past 12 months
2. Marry an Oklahoma resident

I tried asking DrMom to marry me so I can become a resident, but she's all prissy about it, saying something about already being married and such... sheesh! ;)

And since I'm far too lazy to actually work for a year, I guess I'll be shelling out the big bucks for the next fours years. :(

If you have the time, and you really want to go to OSU, I would try to establish a residency. OSU does take a few out of staters, but they are usually a small percentage of the class.

If you don't want to waste a year, then just apply as out of state. The fact that you have family here will probably help. I'm from Florida and not only do I have no family here, I had never been west of Georgia until my interview, and I still got accepted (of course the bribe I offered didn't hurt). :D

One thing I like about this school is that your interview will carry a lot of weight, regardless of your stats. If they like what they see, you have a good shot, even with a weakness in your application.

Originally posted by Fenrezz
I tried asking DrMom to marry me so I can become a resident, but she's all prissy about it, saying something about already being married and such... sheesh! ;)

Awww. You make me look heartless!

;)