osucom

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by murph, Nov 5, 2002.

1. murph

murph Member

I really would love to go to OSUCOM, but I am not an oklahoma resident. I live in TUlsa for two years, but never established residency. I am now a resident of Washington. I have quite a bit of family in Oklahome. How can I go about trying to establish residency, or is it pointless.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I only know of 2 ways to establish residency in Oklahoma
    1. Work full-time in Oklahoma for past 12 months
    2. Marry an Oklahoma resident

If you plan in advance it will save you over $20,000 each year in tuition to be a resident. On the other hand, you'll probably have big $$ loans anyways. OSU does take a number of out-of-staters.

4. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare

I tried asking DrMom to marry me so I can become a resident, but she's all prissy about it, saying something about already being married and such... sheesh! ;)

And since I'm far too lazy to actually work for a year, I guess I'll be shelling out the big bucks for the next fours years. :(

If you have the time, and you really want to go to OSU, I would try to establish a residency. OSU does take a few out of staters, but they are usually a small percentage of the class.

If you don't want to waste a year, then just apply as out of state. The fact that you have family here will probably help. I'm from Florida and not only do I have no family here, I had never been west of Georgia until my interview, and I still got accepted (of course the bribe I offered didn't hurt). :D

One thing I like about this school is that your interview will carry a lot of weight, regardless of your stats. If they like what they see, you have a good shot, even with a weakness in your application.

5. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Awww. You make me look heartless!

;)