OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you have to know stuff like, statin drugs inhibit HMG-CoA reductase and resemble Malonyl CoA, which inhibits complex II, so you have a decrease in the production of coenzyme Q as a side effect?

That sounds like my biochem metabolism and its regulation class. Taking something seemingly simple like glycolysis and turning it into a 20 step nightmare.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have to know stuff like, statin drugs inhibit HMG-CoA reductase and resemble Malonyl CoA, which inhibits complex II, so you have a decrease in the production of coenzyme Q as a side effect?

Yes, we had to know that too - ours is clinical biochem so it's drug oriented, we don't really have to know any structures on the plus side except for a few.

Kmoogs, like 5 and Im exhausted, tomorrow we should celebrate the end of both of our exams !

Fo sho! :highfive:

until my endocrinology midterm on monday haha

Members don't see this ad :)
This is why I'm happy to be done with biochem. :barf:

good luck to everyone with tests!

TMNT were awesome. I still have the NES game of it- among many others including the power pad. I also had a ghostbusters backpack LOL

TMNT turtles lost in time?? That game is sweet - I played it a few months ago :laugh::thumbup:

Ugh- my brain is going to explode with all that biochem.

You have a TMNT shirt? You lucky bastard- I am so jealous. I think I am stuck in the 80's and early 90's. I was bumpin my Madonna CD today. It was super gay.

RAWR! :caution:

this thread is way too inactive tonight

Ugh- my brain is going to explode with all that biochem.

You have a TMNT shirt? You lucky bastard- I am so jealous. I think I am stuck in the 80's and early 90's. I was bumpin my Madonna CD today. It was super gay.

I like how your super gay post was also post #666 (possibly?) It cracks me up.

Hooray for gay posts and TNMT!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
random question: Have any of you that work in retail gotten strange prescriptions for pets? I had a lady spend over $100 on flovent HFA... for her cat.

My question is, how the hell do you give a cat an inhaler? I keep wanting to ask her every time she refills it, but she always looks angry. Probably because the cat is scratching the **** out of her while she tries to give the cat its daily dose of flovent.

random question: Have any of you that work in retail gotten strange prescriptions for pets? I had a lady spend over $100 on flovent HFA... for her cat.

My question is, how the hell do you give a cat an inhaler? I keep wanting to ask her every time she refills it, but she always looks angry. Probably because the cat is scratching the **** out of her while she tries to give the cat its daily dose of flovent.

A lot of times they have a mask with a kind of spacer on it, it actually works pretty well. I dated someone for a while who was a vet tech so I got to see a lot of the animal side of prescriptions.

And to answer your question, yes I see a lot of pet scripts. Everything from insulin to simvastatin

So what'd I miss while I was gone... too many pages to read.

I have a question for doc (if he ever reads this)... last night I went to a lecture for a writer/teacher at UIC (your undergrad if I'm not mistaken) and I was wondering if you ever took any of his classes? His name was Luis Alberto Urrea. I thought he was a pretty good speaker and he seemed like an awesome teacher!

So what'd I miss while I was gone... too many pages to read.

I have a question for doc (if he ever reads this)... last night I went to a lecture for a writer/teacher at UIC (your undergrad if I'm not mistaken) and I was wondering if you ever took any of his classes? His name was Luis Alberto Urrea. I thought he was a pretty good speaker and he seemed like an awesome teacher!

You missed the conversation about toys from the '80's...and then I think there was a prior conversation about vomit? I missed that one because I was engrossed in watching the Olympics.

Who is done with my midterms ?

Who's got an A on yesterday's biochem ?

Who is going out today to have an amazing time ?

:laugh: ====> Me and I'm bragging. :banana:

Who is done with my midterms ?

Who's got an A on yesterday's biochem ?

Who is going out today to have an amazing time ?

:laugh: ====> Me and I'm bragging. :banana:

Ordinarily I'd have to grief you over dancing banana, but at this point I'll let you off with gratz. :D

Ah hell with it....

:diebanana:

I got an invite to my second interview today! Yay!

so I just got to the hotel in Atlanta... so sick, I look like a truck hit me... but I refuse to let this ruin my interview!

so I just got to the hotel in Atlanta... so sick, I look like a truck hit me... but I refuse to let this ruin my interview!

Good jeorb. :thumbup:

Dang, it's starting to sink in that I get to start the application process this year. Kinda scary.

Congrats! You are going to do just fine! :) :xf::xf:

EDIT: I hope you feel better

Thank you! I'm reading SDN and studying for an exam... I'm eventually going to have to leave and go eat though. I feel so gross... but I'm determined to go to Lennox Mall. :laugh:

I've had a bunch of these when I was growing up, Barbies are coolio:

BARBIE.JPG

I love Barbie! I had so many... but then when I got into middle school my friends and I shaved their heads and dyed their hair with melted crayons we put in the microwave. We made Dennis Rodman Barbie... :laugh: Creative!

Wow, I'm sooooo happy for you - congrats, that's quite an achievement.

If you are feeling sick with flu-like or cold symptoms - load up on Theraflu (they have different formulations), that stuff will perk up and awaken a dead horse.

Remember the power of positive thinking: you are going to impress them tomorrow, because you are an outstanding applicant, with a long list of impressive accomplishments, who will be the perfect addition to the incoming class richly contributing your very best abilities and measures to enhance its collective intellectual wealth. :smuggrin:

BTW, Tinker, is SCH going to be helping out with interviews ? Are you going to meet her ?

I'm meeting Kmoogs today. :oops:

Wow, I'm sooooo happy for you - congrats, that's quite an achievement.

If you are feeling sick with flu-like or cold symptoms - load up on Theraflu (they have different formulations), that stuff will perk up and awaken a dead horse.

Remember the power of positive thinking: you are going to impress them tomorrow, because you are an outstanding applicant, with a long list of impressive accomplishments, who will be the perfect addition to the incoming class richly contributing your very best abilities and measures to enhance its collective intellectual wealth. :smuggrin:

OMG I love Theraflu! It's amazing... the apple cinnamon one is so good... but I don't mind the berry or lemon flavor either!

That is a good way to think... I appreciate it honestly... thinking positive always helps even when I feel sick or tired... Like when I was at orientation for Publix yesterday I didn't sleep much the night before because I was studying, but I kept telling myself how lucky I was to even get a pharmacy tech job so I better wake up. lol

Honestly I started a new brand of BC pill 6 days ago and they warned me that it might make me a little sick/face break out/etc and it kind of did but Thera Flu does wonders for my headache and pepto bismol helps the nausea. lol They promised it would stop after I get use to the new pill so I am praying!!! Pleasssse get better! :laugh:

BTW, Tinker, is SCH going to be helping out with interviews ? Are you going to meet her ?

I'm meeting Kmoogs today. :oops:

I don't think she can... she has class during that time slot, but I think there will be other students giving us a tour and stuff like that.

I was sick for 2 of mine and it rained on all 5 of them lol

Raining is supposed to be a good sign, it rained too when I turned in my most important supp in person. :)

I'm sooo excited for this movie: Angelina + Russian twist - what can be better:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkTFao5_UI&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

Not really sure.

I'm probably the only guy who doesn't find her attractive. She can't really act, she just has the same sly look all the time. Don't really respect her as a person because it seems like at any moment she could snap and eat all of her children.

And I've never enjoyed a movie I've seen her in.

Not really sure.

I'm probably the only guy who doesn't find her attractive. She can't really act, she just has the same sly look all the time. Don't really respect her as a person because it seems like at any moment she could snap and eat all of her children.

And I've never enjoyed a movie I've seen her in.

I liked Beowolf

:confused:? But she's such a nice person!

Yea like Oprah and Martha Stewart are such nice people. They give me the creeps.

Plus she used to keep a vial of blood around her neck and make out with her brother. I think there's a bit of a miss in her engine somewhere lol

Martha Stewart doesn't seem like a nice person >_< .. I don't know about Oprah. But Angelina's nice enough to talk to random people off the streets, gets a :thumbup: in my book.

We got a lot of celebrity-types on campus when I was an undergrad... some are nicer than others.

Let's face it. Angelina is a creepo, but she donates a lot of money to good causes so, in my book, she is more of a person than so many other celebrities. For example, Jennifer Aniston is as superficial as it gets. Her movies suck, she is not attractive and her personality...well, let's just say she is a non-person. However, Angelina's DD's don't do much for me like they do for teenage boys hiding in their rooms with a tube sock. I like women of intellect and class...Meryl Streep BY FAR is my favorite actress. Beautiful, elegant, smart...and no matter what movie she is in, it is good. Is that because she picks movies with a true meaning behind them or is it because she just absolutely ****ing rocks?!

Let's face it. Angelina is a creepo, but she donates a lot of money to good causes so, in my book, she is more of a person than so many other celebrities. For example, Jennifer Aniston is as superficial as it gets. Her movies suck, she is not attractive and her personality...well, let's just say she is a non-person. However, Angelina's DD's don't do much for me like they do for teenage boys hiding in their rooms with a tube sock. I like women of intellect and class...Meryl Streep BY FAR is my favorite actress. Beautiful, elegant, smart...and no matter what movie she is in, it is good. Is that because she picks movies with a true meaning behind them or is it because she just absolutely ****ing rocks?!

Seconded.