OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NyanCat with a jazz twist? No thanks.

Hey, it's catchy! It's a lot better than the original. It's also only like 2 minutes of your life you'll never get back. Hot pockets take longer.

Have you seen the insanity on Youtube where people have made videos of NyanCat for literally 100 hours? People post the weirdest things. XD

I have real-life trolled somebody with that video. :laugh: (Not all 100 hours, or I might have gone postal.)

Members don't see this ad.

NyanCat with a jazz twist? No thanks.

Have you seen the insanity on Youtube where people have made videos of NyanCat for literally 100 hours? People post the weirdest things. XD

[YOUTUBE]AA5DsLzSVrk[/YOUTUBE]

:smuggrin:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I've decided that rather than put all my effort into getting dem WoW goldz, I wish to focus on making actual money. Or, at least not hemorrhaging money (which would be an improvement at this stage).

So. How do I into wealth? Besides pulling an SHC and finding a sugar mama?

Wow, I just typed out a few paragraphs of Finance 101. Pared down:

While you're a student... budget realistically, and stick to it. Don't use credit cards (or other short-term credit devices) if you can at all help it.

When you're a pharmacist... live below your means, pay off your debt, and save. Still avoid short-term credit, unless you can absolutely pay it off monthly.

Other options include:
- Inheritance
- Life insurance policies (and "accidents")
- Rock & roll stardom
- Professional sports contract
- Rigging the lottery and/or many bingo cards
- Armed takeover of a small country with natural resource reserves
- Professional gambling / card counting
- Panhandling
- Creating the next "Ebay" or "Facebook"
- Inventing the next George Foreman grill or Nordic Track
- Car crash with a DUI'ing celebrity
- Win an X Prize

I missed it too.

I feel busy. But I'll watch it on youtube and read it on google.
Yea, I was watching video lectures online when I noticed Leas FB post. By the time I turned it on, it was the response to the Address. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I was watching video lectures online when I noticed Leas FB post. By the time I turned it on, it was the response to the Address. :(

Speaking of FB, it's starting to put on the newsfeed when your friend liked a status or a picture from 2-3 years ago. It kind of creeps me out. :scared:

The president. I don't comment on the response.
:laugh:

I thought he made some really good points. I also think he maneuvered to shift blame to congress for not getting things done.
I will comment on the response though.;)
He tried to put the blame on the president for not getting more done. :confused: How can he when he gets blocked on everything?

Speaking of FB, it's starting to put on the newsfeed when your friend liked a status or a picture from 2-3 years ago. It kind of creeps me out. :scared:
I hadnt noticed that. However, the comments aren't showing up for 20 minutes or so.

PS.... House of Lies... Best show ever!!

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed that. However, the comments aren't showing up for 20 minutes or so.

But when it shows the dates and the year is 2009 or 2010, it seems kinda creepy, and it's almost like recorded proof that you were creeping on someone's pictures.

So, I've decided that rather than put all my effort into getting dem WoW goldz, I wish to focus on making actual money. Or, at least not hemorrhaging money (which would be an improvement at this stage).

Realistically, long term savings + good investing.

Otherwise: Start a tech company (or other types, but those tend to be harder), do amazing in the stock market (also can lose a bunch), or pull off a dazzling heist.

Credit cards aren't bad IMO, so long as you pay your balance every month. I end up saving money every year because of my credit card.

I liked the comment about not letting student interests rates rise. :xf:
Well, I don't know if they have much room to go up at this point. Aren't they still at something crazy like 7.5%? My stock broker lends me margin at less than that...

I need to quit hanging around....don't know what to call those kinds of people

I've had this position for less than a week and already I can tell that it will be very time demanding. Too many damn meetings already.:mad:

Welcome to my Hell. :laugh::oops:

Are you part of the state ASP EC? Between SSHP and ASP, I roped myself into two conference calls a month. It is pretty interesting, though, since you get to hear ideas and input from people at schools far different from your own.

Welcome to my Hell. :laugh::oops:

Are you part of the state ASP EC? Between SSHP and ASP, I roped myself into two conference calls a month. It is pretty interesting, though, since you get to hear ideas and input from people at schools far different from your own.

My ASP chapter is through APhA but we work pretty closely with CPhA as well. So far my meetings have been with my new incoming board and the existing board. Pretty interesting stuff. I am also a member of CSHP so I sit in on a lot of their meetings. First conference is next weekend in Sacramento and then the APhA Annual in March.

My ASP chapter is through APhA but we work pretty closely with CPhA as well. So far my meetings have been with my new incoming board and the existing board. Pretty interesting stuff. I am also a member of CSHP so I sit in on a lot of their meetings. First conference is next weekend in Sacramento and then the APhA Annual in March.

OK, so help me not sound like a noob when I go to pronounce all these abbreviations.

ASP = A S P or asp?
APhA = A-fa?
CPhA = C-fa?
CSHP = C S H P?

OK, so help me not sound like a noob when I go to pronounce all these abbreviations.

ASP = A S P or asp?
APhA = A-fa?
CPhA = C-fa?
CSHP = C S H P?

Always just say the individual letters. I like the idea of asp though. :laugh:

Always just say the individual letters. I like the idea of asp though. :laugh:

It's like being back in the military. I especially love that ASHP is the group for Health-system pharmacy, so you would think it would say ASHSP. At that point, we could drop the letter pronunciation and just call it "Ashes pee." :cool:

Maybe we could start with "Ash pee" as it is now.

So, you would say "A P H A"? Good to know. That's how I've been saying it in my head. :D

Asp was an answer in my crossword tonight.

Asps... veddy dangerous... you go first!

It's like being back in the military. I especially love that ASHP is the group for Health-system pharmacy, so you would think it would say ASHSP. At that point, we could drop the letter pronunciation and just call it "Ashes pee." :cool:

Maybe we could start with "Ash pee" as it is now.

:laugh:

Do you guys know much about feeling so hungry at night just before the time when I usually go to sleep?

And no, I'm not asking for medical advice. I just want people's opinion.

Do you guys know much about feeling so hungry at night just before the time when I usually go to sleep?

I get that sometimes as well. I usually get a snack, I hate waking up really hungry. Just nothing with too much sugar or caffeine.

I know some of us are already talking about this in a different thread, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what you guys would say.

MS said something about lowering your standards a bit when it comes to dating, and I said it sounds risky :laugh:

I know some of us are already talking about this in a different thread, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what you guys would say.

MS said something about lowering your standards a bit when it comes to dating, and I said it sounds risky :laugh:

You should only lower your morals, never your standards... :D

Is it just a long time between when you last ate and bedtime? That could be the culprit.

If your hungry at night I vote to eat something. I know the diet nazi's claim it makes you fat or whatever, but there's a lot of voodoo (or real, but with negligible effect) stuff people claim about weight loss. Worry about big things with diet/exercise and ignore the small stuff.

I love my life. Just saying. Last year I hated it. How things have changed
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
:thumbup: Good to hear.

Depends how high your standards are to begin with. There is a line that you shouldn't cross... but some people do have their standards set too high.

I just hope putting up with all kinds of crap is worth it.
Not worth it IMO. If I'm going to burn my one day off, or go more into sleep debt hanging out with someone I don't want it to be someone who will ruin my chill.

Is it just a long time between when you last ate and bedtime? That could be the culprit.

It's usually something like 5-9 hours.

If your hungry at night I vote to eat something. I know the diet nazi's claim it makes you fat or whatever, but there's a lot of voodoo (or real, but with negligible effect) stuff people claim about weight loss. Worry about big things with diet/exercise and ignore the small stuff.

One time I tried that where I ate a late lunch at 2:30 pm, and then the next meal I ate was lunch the next day around 12 pm.

Depends how high your standards are to begin with. There is a line that you shouldn't cross... but some people do have their standards set too high.

I think it's the girls I've dated. Some were the types of girls I would want to marry, and now when I meet someone, it's just not the .... well, maybe that's why. I think I have a habit of comparing girls to I meet to the ones who were important to me.

Your standards? I thought they just had to be female and have a pulse.

So you're either talking about dropping the female part or the pulse part. I won't judge either way. :thumbup: