OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not in NOLA:(

Sorry I've been missing dudes. Light schedule=temporarily living it up.
I should have pretended to be a UNM pharmacy student and went. I could have just chilled on Bourbon while everyone else did their conference thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not in NOLA:(

Sorry I've been missing dudes. Light schedule=temporarily living it up.

Since you have a "light schedule," do you want to answer some questions (via PM) for me? :laugh:

It's gonna be kind of short this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you have a "light schedule," do you want to answer some questions (via PM) for me? :laugh:

It's gonna be kind of short this time.

Sure. :)

I should have pretended to be a UNM pharmacy student and went. I could have just chilled on Bourbon while everyone else did their conference thing.
I still need to make it to NOLA one of these days. There SF and Austin are pretty much the only cities left in the US I still need to check out.

I had this weird dream where I was on a trip with some friends and the car said that the outside temperature was 205 degrees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the ban-hammer you had your eye on?

I got a new suitcase instead. But as a matter of fact it did have a cool new multifunction easier to use ban-hammer in it (with a built in 0.5 sec reduced cool-down time)! :D

So did affect a lot of internships?

Dunno, haven't talked to any of my classmates yet. The other interns at my store are P3s, so it doesn't effect them.

If nothing else, my manager has said she'd make sure I got plenty of hours this summer, regardless. I may ask if she'd be interested in working up some sort of 'unofficial' internship, finding projects to work on, etc. Might as well, right?

Dunno, haven't talked to any of my classmates yet. The other interns at my store are P3s, so it doesn't effect them.

If nothing else, my manager has said she'd make sure I got plenty of hours this summer, regardless. I may ask if she'd be interested in working up some sort of 'unofficial' internship, finding projects to work on, etc. Might as well, right?

That would be good experience, IMO.

NaOH, Sorry to hear about the internship falling through. Bummer man.

The only issue I can see with doing an unofficial internship would be the limitations put upon you by corporate since you are not in the computer as an intern. This would probably take away from the learning experience which an internship should typically offer. I could see it flying more so in an independent pharmacy but not Walgreens.

The other day while I was working I realized how plain and uninviting the waiting area is at Walgreens compared to where I volunteered. I don't know what kind of projects you had in mind, but some projects could positively add to the pharmacy environment at Walgreens instead of seeing the same sign at every single Walgreens. BORING! My volunteer site had a bunch of student comprised information for patients to browse while waiting. Again, though, that's corporate Walgreens...

I know noone cares but Mike and maybe Tink.... But... let MARCH MADNESS START!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I just received the hardcopy journal with my first publication in a peer-reviewed journal. In the same stack of mail, I received the official acceptance letter to my PhD program. I'm super excited! :D

I just received the hardcopy journal with my first publication in a peer-reviewed journal. In the same stack of mail, I received the official acceptance letter to my PhD program. I'm super excited! :D
Congratz!!! Party time?:soexcited:

sounds like you are on your way to greatness. Hardwork does pay off.

Thanks guys! Super party time! I was awarded a prestigious fellowship award too. I'll take y'all out for steak dinner lol

But really, life is awesome...very different than first year. Things are coming around for me. I hope I can mentor other students on their paths and help them out too. I definitely want to give back to our profession somehow. I know it sounds corny but that's how I feel :oops:

So, a CII hardcopy got 'misplaced' at work tonight.

Hilarity ensued. (and by hilarity I mean not really hilarious at all.)

My poor manager wound up climbing completely in the space under the river looking for it. What a trooper.

peyton_siva.jpg