OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, you should feel guilty. If I was your mom, I'd make you pay all of your own bills. If you can spend money like an adult (ok... most adults don't spend $800 on underwear), then you can pay your own bills like an adult.

Not just underwear...underwear and BRAS...Bras are expensive! LOL....

I'll return some...I don't need 10 different colors of the same design I guess. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

get a Jetta diesel or a Honda Accord. Both should last a long time.

I heard Nissans last a long time too.

I only recommend the hyrbids b/c they save a lot on gasoline. Honda has hybrids too.

My mother got piss off at me....and I feel kinda guilty now too...I am gonna return all the bras that I can't find a matching underwear for. I hope that makes it better! :D She gave me an hour long lecture about budgeting and the fact that I need to start learning to do so b/c when I go to Texas I will be all alone. She will only pay for my cellphone and car insurance...everything else is on my own. She told me if I don't budget well I might just have to go hungry! :(

OH and I hardly ever wear makeup...unless I know a hot guy will be there I usually just roll outta bed. :laugh: My sleep is more valuable than gold. And the people in my rotations are mostly old married women. :rolleyes:

So you're going to Texas :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you're all talking cars, but, like looking in a bizzaro funhouse mirror, the talk is all warped with strange concepts of 'efficiency' and 'reliability'.

Purchased a set of upgraded brake rotors and pads this week... wasn't really a whole lot more expensive to get performance-oriented pieces than regular ones. :cool: Can't wait to finish this IPPE, get back to Little Rock, and get them installed.

Then it's back to work on my NEXT project... raising the money for headers + tune. If your exhaust doesn't set off car alarms when you roll by, it's not loud enough. :smuggrin: May try to have a transmission cooler installed as well.

I've had both a Honda and a Toyota, they're pretty comparable imo. I like Honda more, but that's just subjective. Not a Nissan fan, except for the GT-R.
I agree with them being comparable. I just find driving honda more enjoyable. Toyotas are bland. Toyota trucks are obviously >>>> than the ridgeline, but the trucks are so dang expensive. I ended up with a Ford truck. Much more affordable and nearly as reliable.

get a Jetta diesel or a Honda Accord. Both should last a long time.

I've had friends with jettas and passats and what not. From what I've seen, those cars don't do well in heat. The car needs to be able to withstand 120 degrees. On my friends' jetta, the window lining literally melted. :D

Toyota for moms
Honda for men
Nissan for wanna be above. Though, I wouldn't mind driving a $90k GTR >_>;

Honda has bad road noise; Toyota is quieter, better road noise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dicussion/ Honda FTW
acura-nsx-05.jpg

Speaking of cars, does anyone know much about fixing them?

It's electrical issues.

Electrical is best taken in. It can be a b*tch.

I second this. Unless you know for sure it's a switch, fuse or something of the like, the problem could be anywhere along the wiring. Tracing that wire from its origin to the source of the problem could equate to a lot of digging through the car's interior/exterior.

Well tell us what is going on and see if we can give you an idea as to what it is.

There are few bulbs on the instrument panel that are out. But the weird thing is that it comes on for a split second every now and then when I'm driving. The turn signals, seat belt light, etc still come on without a problem.

Then there's some noise coming from the front bottom of the passenger seat close to where some wires are. The wires themselves look fine. It doesn't seem like they were burned or anything.

My preceptor explicitly warned me about buying a car immediately after graduation today.

I told her, "what's the point, then?" :yawn:

Not even cheap sedans?

So they think we're all gonna go out and buy RX-7s and Supras? :laugh:

I know they're not made anymore.

I've had friends with jettas and passats and what not. From what I've seen, those cars don't do well in heat. The car needs to be able to withstand 120 degrees. On my friends' jetta, the window lining literally melted. :D

The VW owners that I know have had maintenance problems with their cars too. They're fun to drive, but given the number of repairs on a car that's only 2-3 years old, I don't think they're buying another one anytime soon.

Ever thought about a Mazda 3? I love the steering and suspension on them. My problem with the electronic steering on newer Toyotas is that they didn't give a lot of torsional feedback (if that's a term), and so it always felt toy-like to turn a steering wheel that provided very little resistance. I guess that's a plus for some people who want to be able to turn a wheel easily. But, on a Mazda 3, and the steering provides plenty of feedback so that you can feel how much your direction is changing, which is particularly great since 3's can turn pretty tightly and have a balanced weight & suspension to go with it.

I'm not much of a driving enthusiast, but that car has made me like driving.

--Garfield3d

Don't get a Volvo if you have to drive a lot. It's a very thirsty car....I am not looking forward to driving 24 miles (48 miles both ways) for my next rotation and 26 miles (52 miles both ways) for my third block. :rolleyes: I also put premium in my Volvo...if I had a honda or toyota I could get away with regular gasoline.

Atlanta traffic doesn't help either of course. :thumbdown:

Get a Japanese made car!

I've had both a Honda and a Toyota, they're pretty comparable imo. I like Honda more, but that's just subjective. Not a Nissan fan, except for the GT-R.

I know a lot of people that like the Z. It looks kinda cool IMO. LOL

I'll most likely be looking at a Ford Focus when I graduate. A 'regular' one if I'm feeling sensible, or an ST if I'm feeling swag... :cool:

newfordfocus-st-04opt2.jpg

WTF...I got selected for Jury Duty!!!! :mad:

I will be on rotations and do not have that kind of time..I wonder if that is a legit excuse. LOL...

They need to select people with nothing else to do.

WTF...I got selected for Jury Duty!!!! :mad:

I will be on rotations and do not have that kind of time..I wonder if that is a legit excuse. LOL...

They need to select people with nothing else to do.
It should be. I called and faxed proof of enrollment and they canceled mine.

There are few bulbs on the instrument panel that are out. But the weird thing is that it comes on for a split second every now and then when I'm driving. The turn signals, seat belt light, etc still come on without a problem.

Then there's some noise coming from the front bottom of the passenger seat close to where some wires are. The wires themselves look fine. It doesn't seem like they were burned or anything.

I've heard of resistors going out on the dash circuit board causing particular lights not to work. I wouldn't think that's the issue if they turn on sporadically, though.

I've heard of resistors going out on the dash circuit board causing particular lights not to work. I wouldn't think that's the issue if they turn on sporadically, though.

After talking to some employees at car shops, it doesn't look like it's the bulbs.

All of the fuses are fine, according to those guys.

The noise at the bottom of the passenger side is gone.

Maybe the dimmer switch then?

But on the lowest setting, you can tell that at least something is on.

But having it go out completely would make it not turn on at all?

Yeah, I don't think it would work at all. Still sounds like something in the circuit board. Might be a faulty ground, as UNM suggested.

So who else parks in the "This Space Reserved For Parents With Young Children" space at the grocery store/mall/whatever?

Because I do. Why should THEY get a better space than everyone else? To hell with them. It's bad enough I have to pay like $3000 a year in taxes to educate their children. They owe me as is. **** them and **** their stupid little parking space. I flip the sign off after I park in it, too. **** you, sign. You hear me? ****. You.

So who else parks in the "This Space Reserved For Parents With Young Children" space at the grocery store/mall/whatever?

Because I do. Why should THEY get a better space than everyone else? To hell with them. It's bad enough I have to pay like $3000 a year in taxes to educate their children. They owe me as is. **** them and **** their stupid little parking space. I flip the sign off after I park in it, too. **** you, sign. You hear me? ****. You.

Honestly, I have never seen a space reserved for that here in Atlanta GA. I only see handicap parking spaces.

You should have a baby. It would be cute. Little Mikey Jr. :)

That's pure awesomeness. How would they monitor those spaces anyways? Look for car seats? I don't think I've ever seen a sign like that, only for senior citizens and expecting mothers. Do you have the same routine for the expecting mother spaces?

That's pure awesomeness. How would they monitor those spaces anyways? Look for car seats? I don't think I've ever seen a sign like that, only for senior citizens and expecting mothers. Do you have the same routine for the expecting mother spaces?

Around here, a grocery store called Genuardi's and another called Wegman's have these spots. And if the spot is open, I park in it. I don't care if a better spot is available.

I won't park in a handicapped spot though. Those people need to be close to the store due to INVOLUNTARILY reasons (unless they cut off their leg for fun...but such a hypothetical person needs to be in an asylum and not driving a car, anyway.) I suppose the senior citizen one would be off-limits, too. But mothers can go to hell. You did this to yourself. You receive no pity from me.

The degree to which we cater to parents is bad enough as is. I have to pay to educate them no matter how many they've plopped out (which I don't have a problem with, though people with like 8 children should have to pay more for the same reason I pay to use the turnpike)...they get their own stupid days (like today)...they get a freaking tax credit (which pisses me the hell off, even though we make too much to qualify for it)...they get a legally protected, free, three month vacation for a VOLUNTARY medical procedure...and now they get the 2nd best parking spot after the cripples.

The line needs drawn somewhere. And I draw the line at the damned parking space.

Also, there needs to be a "Childless By Choice School Tax Payers' Appreciation Day." I don't ask much. Maybe a coupon for a free water ice at Rita's or something. Or a Chick Fil A Sandwich. But we're the ones who are paying like $3000 a year for a service we don't use and will never use. Throw us some sugar.

Also, there needs to be a "Childless By Choice School Tax Payers' Appreciation Day." I don't ask much. Maybe a coupon for a free water ice at Rita's or something. Or a Chick Fil A Sandwich. But we're the ones who are paying like $3000 a year for a service we don't use and will never use. Throw us some sugar.

Whatever happened to your ancestor who manage to pass your gene to you for billions of years? You gonna end your genetic immortality? Hell, I am gonna have 2 kids then I can die. After all I am part of the animal kingdom who sole purpose is to survive long enough, and pass the gene >_>;

Whatever happened to your ancestor who manage to pass your gene to you for billions of years? You gonna end your genetic immortality? Hell, I am gonna have 2 kids then I can die. After all I am part of the animal kingdom who sole purpose is to survive long enough, and pass the gene >_>;
I agree with what WVU is saying, but this totally hits home as well. I don't want to be considered evolutionarily unfit!

What if the parents send their kids to private school...will you hate them less since they aren't using public tax dollars for education?

Life is pretty much pointless and absurd intrinsically. This is a very tough thing for the weak and stupid to grasp (hence the popularity of religion). But the liberating thing is that you get to give life its own meaning if you want. If you think your purpose is to make 2 new humans and die, and perpetuate a few DNA shreds that are similar to your own, I pity the **** out of you. And, honestly, I could just accomplish that by becoming a sperm donor if I actually gave a flying ****.

What if the parents send their kids to private school...will you hate them less since they aren't using public tax dollars for education?

No. The school thing doesn't bother me. Someone needs to serve me my fajita platter at Chili's when I'm 60. I have no problem with children. I have a problem with parents that think they are entitled. You did absolutely nothing special by having children. Have you ever watched Maury? Clearly, its not that difficult.

I agree with what WVU is saying, but this totally hits home as well. I don't want to be considered evolutionarily unfit!

This is stupid logic. We are civilized humans. If you follow this to its logical end point, then you are also against monogamy. Because, evolutionarily, you should try to knock up like 400 women a year. Yet I never hear women talking about letting their husband sleep with the entire town because, hey, he needs to fulfill his evolutionary duty.

This is stupid logic. We are civilized humans. If you follow this to its logical end point, then you are also against monogamy. Because, evolutionarily, you should try to knock up like 400 women a year. Yet I never hear women talking about letting their husband sleep with the entire town because, hey, he needs to fulfill his evolutionary duty.
Lol. You got me!

WVU, please tell us what really grinds your gears!

No. The school thing doesn't bother me. Someone needs to serve me my fajita platter at Chili's when I'm 60. I have no problem with children. I have a problem with parents that think they are entitled. You did absolutely nothing special by having children. Have you ever watched Maury? Clearly, its not that difficult.

I agree with this.

Having children is BY CHOICE. It's YOUR CHOICE. If you have children make sure you are 110% ready to take on that responsibility BY YOURSELF.

People that have children and expect OTHERS to help them (goverment hand outs) are ****ed up. If you have children YOU need to pay for it. Not other people. YOU should take 100% responsibilty for the babies that you have and it means paying for everything and doing everything by yourself.

I mean can I go out and buy a 3 million dollar mansion and expect the goverment to help me pay for it? Of course not! So if you have children it should be 100% your responsibility to take care of it. No one else should have to chip in for your decision to having children.

This should be the Law around here! :thumbup:

I agree with the taxes thing...we should have flat taxes...just b/c YOU choose to have children shouldn't mean you get to pay LESS taxes!!! WTF.

I want children in the future but that doesn't mean I think I am entitled to FREE money and FREE handouts. It just means I will be SMART and be saving money on my own and fully expecting to pay for everything on my own!

Life is pretty much pointless and absurd intrinsically. This is a very tough thing for the weak and stupid to grasp (hence the popularity of religion). But the liberating thing is that you get to give life its own meaning if you want. If you think your purpose is to make 2 new humans and die, and perpetuate a few DNA shreds that are similar to your own, I pity the **** out of you. And, honestly, I could just accomplish that by becoming a sperm donor if I actually gave a flying ****.

Yep, gonna have 2 little kids so I can pass the legacy, one of my partner one for my self... I don't want to over populate the earth. I don't know about you but I want to watch them grow up/watch them **** up during their teenage year/teach them/play with them/see their grand kids. Maybe, they will do better or worse than me in life but I do know I want to have something called family. Someone to leave all the money I accumulate also (prolly ~$8M when I die), eh... to hell with charity (maybe about 10% going there)!

About 1 in 10 people is qualified to donate sperm.

Hey, to each his own lol

Last edited:
And Hell NO, I am not raising someone's else child :mad: