Other OT-Related Information OT School social life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thefutureisot

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.. is anyone excited to like make friends with people in their future cohorts? Because I am. I didn’t really make any friends in my 4 years of undergrad so I’m hoping OT school will be different. Those who are in OT school now would you say you’ve been making good friendships?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I’m just curious.. is anyone excited to like make friends with people in their future cohorts? Because I am. I didn’t really make any friends in my 4 years of undergrad so I’m hoping OT school will be different. Those who are in OT school now would you say you’ve been making good friendships?

I'm on the same boat as you, but with us being in covid times, it really makes it a lot harder. So far, I am enjoying my time in school and everyone is so friendly and pleasant. But it is hard to make a connection through the screen.

So hopefully things get better and there can be more in person.

I'm on the same boat as you, but with us being in covid times, it really makes it a lot harder. So far, I am enjoying my time in school and everyone is so friendly and pleasant. But it is hard to make a connection through the screen.

So hopefully things get better and there can be more in person.
I hope we’ll be able to get into classrooms by March. I can’t imagine starting a program online and not being able to physically meet my cohort face to face. That will suck

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope we’ll be able to get into classrooms by March. I can’t imagine starting a program online and not being able to physically meet my cohort face to face. That will suck

Yeah it is, but if your program tries to make it up by having more zoom social and meet and greets, it helps alot. So hopefully your program does have that. :)

I am actually quite surprised by the support we are offering each other even though we are on zoom. It is definitely not the same and it takes longer, but we are trying our best to make it work. It helps that we have a small cohort (18) so it makes it a little easier. I can't wait until we can spend more time in person though.