OT School's Acceptance Rate in NY preferrably

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avythos1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to find out the acceptance rates of OT schools in the New York area. I have an overall GPA of 3.3 due to my very fist semester of college, every semester after that has been over a 3.5 (if that makes any difference for them) I'm a sociology major with minor in psychology. I am in the process of volunteering to accumulate 100 hours although I have been working in a physical therapy setting for 4 years now-if that would even be considered. I'm looking at Touro, York, LIU and I'm especially interested in Suny Downstate. Has anyone been recently accepted to any of these can tell me your criteria so I can match it? or know anything about how hard these or other NY schools are to get into?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

you will be fine! I was accepted to downstate and liu as well as nyu and columbia which i am currently attending.Your stats are good! just get some good letters of recommendation and a well written statement :):):)

great thanks..i hope so! im freaking out. how do u like the program??

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm freaking out as well. Are you applying for entry into a master's program? Do you already have a BA? I'm asking because I am under the impression that Touro and York are combined BA/MA programs only.

Im graduating in June 2010 with my BA hopefully to start OT in September of 2010 and you can enter touro or york with a bachelors already..you don't have to be in their ba/ma program..

you will be fine! I was accepted to downstate and liu as well as nyu and columbia which i am currently attending.Your stats are good! just get some good letters of recommendation and a well written statement :):):)

Hello Karina 12,

Did you find the application process for suny downstate, NYU and columbia to be difficult? How are you paying for your education, if I may ask? Thanks so much for your input.

Hello Karina 12,

Did you find the application process for suny downstate, NYU and columbia to be difficult? How are you paying for your education, if I may ask? Thanks so much for your input.

Hey, no it's not difficult just tedious work.I am paying for my education by taking out loans.I would suggest to get everything done in time and to be organized because the last thing you want is a million papers on your desk, oh and Columbia's application is done online.

Thanks for the response. I know that I would like to work in the schools so would go the NYC BOE scholarship route. Are there many people in the program with this scholarship? Do the classes at Columbia meet primarily during the day?

I heard the the NYC BOE had a hiring freeze, so I'd be interested in knowing how this impacts the scholarship program as well.

Hey! I have started a convo with you. Please respond when you get a chance! Thanks so much!!