Other OT-Related Information OT undergrad major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clip1933

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Attn all current future OTs:
What was or will be your major in undergrad? Is there any major that looks good for grad schools?
I'm leaning towards bio or psy but I'm unsure which...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Psychology major! From what I have heard schools do not so much place emphasis on your major but just look that you have completed all or most of the programs prerequisites and the grades that you received in those courses.

Reactions: 1 user
My major was Kinesiology. As long as you do the program prerequisites and do well in your classes, I don't think programs put too much emphasis on the major.

Members don't see this ad :)
Major in something that you can use if OT school doesn't work out. I would choose business if I could go back.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Most of my OT classmates were Exercise Science majors. My major was Psychology. I honestly think it doesn't matter much though.

I agree with all the post above. OT school doesn't place a huge emphasis on your Undergrad degree. As long as you have the prereqs, you're fine. I would recommend you become involved in school though. Having an overall strong application (good GPA, involvement, etc.) will stand out the most.

I was an American Studies major at UC Santa Cruz.