General Admissions & OTCAS Ot

leapinglizzy

Jun 12, 2020
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Hello, I’m interested in Public university programs for OTD that start preferably in the spring. (Also, open to summer) I would like affordable options and not ones that are $100,000+. Live currently in Wisconsin. Thanks! Also, would love to know peoples thoughts on the masters versus doctorate as I’m interested in ergonomics/research.

Last edited:

sngot

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
www.youtube.com
  1. Occupational Therapist
ACOTE directory allow the function to filter public vs private schools. If you are interested in research, then be sure that a thesis is part of the OT program curriculum. Most likely it will be an MS or OTD. Masters in occupational therapy will help you be familiar with the theory and application of OT but may not necessarily prepare you to be a good researcher. Look into each school's program and sequence. The biggest difference between MS and OTD is the capstone. The document I included from ACOTE is dry but the standards between the two are there.

Schools - ACOTE

https://acoteonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2018-ACOTE-Standards.pdf

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.