General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Transcript Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otot1313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!!

I know I am kind of behind on my application process...

I will be submitting to LLU (by november) and USC (feb '16)

LLU deadline is around the corner but how do i submit my transcript?

I remember Madge at LLU told me to input all of my grades (including undergrad & pre-reqs) by hand... but it seems tedious and there is a way to do it for couple of hundred bucks right?

eventually, i need to pay otcas anyways for transcript no? then what is the point of inputting by hands?

I am new at this and clueless... I will be done with it once I upload my transcripts, hours, and LOR...

help??

Members don't see this ad.

You send the transcript to otcas and you have to input your classes or pay the fee to have them do it for you. I think it's fire better matching prereqs? It doesn't take thay long, and unless you make a lot of money, it's a rip off and you should do it yourself. I would input my grades again >f it meant not having to write an essay.

then how will the schools receive my transcript?? is it all done thru codes that I provide and link that to the schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to send official transcripts to OTCAS. OTCAS then verifies your application once you submit it and the schools will receive all of that information, including your grades. OTCAS still requires you to input all of the transcript information (unless you want to give them money to do that for you). They will then just check it to make sure it's all correct. I believe OTCAS calculates your GPA for you as well. This all just ensures that everything is consistent across the board for all applicants. Your schools do not get an official copy of your transcript (unless you're applying to a school that doesn't use OTCAS, of course).

I would not pay OTCAS more money to input transcript info. It takes an hour max. But whatever you feel like doing.

Reactions: 1 users
Can we add classes to our transcript entry that are in progress?

Reactions: 1 user
You need to send official transcripts to OTCAS. OTCAS then verifies your application once you submit it and the schools will receive all of that information, including your grades. OTCAS still requires you to input all of the transcript information (unless you want to give them money to do that for you). They will then just check it to make sure it's all correct. I believe OTCAS calculates your GPA for you as well. This all just ensures that everything is consistent across the board for all applicants. Your schools do not get an official copy of your transcript (unless you're applying to a school that doesn't use OTCAS, of course).

I would not pay OTCAS more money to input transcript info. It takes an hour max. But whatever you feel like doing.

wow thanks... then i will need to get an official transcript from my undergrad and input it myself....

So i will be printing out TRANSCRIPT MATCHING FORM and give that to the admissions to the schools I went to? Then the school will be sending the transcript info to OTCAS right?

Yes, you are correct - there will be a unique matching form you have to print for each school you list. Just make sure when you order transcripts, you choose the option that resembles "Send with attachment". Different schools will have different methods of having you send in the attachment - some I attached the file, some I had to fax it to them. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Can we add classes to our transcript entry that are in progress?
Yes, it would behoove you to do so - that way schools can see if you are taking classes you may need as pre-reqs. Just mark the classes as in progress - no end date specified.
One kind of tricky thing about this that I experienced: if you are currently taking a class for the first time from a certain school, of course you will not have a legitimate transcript to send in (no grades have been earned yet). But, in the process leading up to verification, it will say in OTCAS that they are "awaiting a transcript" from this new school. I was worried that this would prevent my application from being verified once my older transcripts came in. But, the application will get verified once all of your past transcripts are in - you just have to use the Update Period to enter your final grades and send transcripts (I think it starts in December).
Does that make sense?
Good luck!