General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Verification Period/Meeting App Deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agingold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just decided to apply to an OTCAS program this Monday; the rest of my applications were done individually through other schools.
With that being said, my application is not yet submitted nonetheless verified. I'm hoping to submit tonight, but I'm extremely worried about getting it verified before the application date to the program is due (12/4).

Do schools typically allow any extension of grace seeing your application through OTCAS is complete but in the verification process? I would hate for that to ruin any opportunity to get into a program though I understand.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You'll be fine, They say 4 weeks but its actually more like 2.5, or less depending on the time period. Last year mine only took 1.5 weeks when I applied in November. Good luck. Also, if you do find it is 12/3 or 12/2 and not yet verified, email the school and they will most likely be encouraging about it and be ok with it

I submitted my application for verification on 10/31 and I received a verification email today (11/16). You'll be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I submitted my one of my applications on OTCAS only 2 days before it was due, so it was not verified by the due date... is that okay?

you should contact admissions for your school and ask if they wanted it verified by that date, but i think its fine. It will get to them once its verified, just at a later time. I applied last year to one school and the website said they wanted it verified on the day i submitted it, but i emailed them and it turned out as long as you submitted it by that time you were fine.