General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agingold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been verified by OTCAS for this cycle yet? If so, when do you get your official transcript submitted?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine took about 3-4 weeks to be "verified" after I sent them in!

Members don't see this ad :)
It took about a week for mine to get verified. I submitted 10/4 and got verified today, 10/12.

It took about a week for mine to get verified. I submitted 10/4 and got verified today, 10/12.
Hi,

Quick question since you are already verified... do we have to input our grades on OTCAS AND send them our official transcripts to be verified? Or just inputting our grades in transcript entry on OTCAS allow you to get verified? I am a bit confused about this. Thanks!

Hi,

Quick question since you are already verified... do we have to input our grades on OTCAS AND send them our official transcripts to be verified? Or just inputting our grades in transcript entry on OTCAS allow you to get verified? I am a bit confused about this. Thanks!
You have to send them your official transcripts so that they can make sure that all the input information is accurate with the official transcripts such as class description as well as grades.

You have to send them your official transcripts so that they can make sure that all the input information is accurate with the official transcripts such as class description as well as grades.
Thanks!

I submitted mine on 9/15 and am still waiting to get verified. ugh.

Does anyone know how long it takes OTCAS to verify an app in early January? I want hopefully be able to apply to USC by the Feb 15th

Does anyone know how long it takes OTCAS to verify an app in early January? I want hopefully be able to apply to USC by the Feb 15th
A rep told me, by phone, that they're busiest during the Spring. So it could take up to 4 weeks, I think? Could be much sooner. They can't promise anything. Mine verified in about a week or less during September.

I don't think my class will finish by the academic update, what should I do? does anyone know? It's not a prereq for the college I am applying to

I don't think my class will finish by the academic update, what should I do? does anyone know? It's not a prereq for the college I am applying to
You can send in your application even if one of your classes is in-progress. There is an option on there to let the schools know that you did not receive a grade for a class yet.

I don't see that option. Where specifically is it on OTCAS? Thank you so much for your help