Otcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krl914

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how long its taking OTCAS to verify recent applications? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

OTCAS states it takes 2-4 weeks, depending on how busy they are. If its close to a lot of school deadlines, then its likely to take the full 4 weeks. On the other hand, I submitted mine at the end of August and it took only one business day to be verified, so I guess if they're not busy it can be much quicker than that too :)

Can anyone comment on how long its taking OTCAS to verify recent applications? Thank you.
OP, it is all about timing, I had mine verified in the beginning of August and it was done the same day, as in within a couple of hours. Keep in mind it is done faster if you send in your transcripts time in advance and then finish your online application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated. Has anyone else applied in September? Thanks!

Hi Krl914. I submitted my Otcas late at night September 12. By 8:00 am (PST) I had received an email notifying me that my application was verified. I suspect the verification process takes less time if you wait to submit until all your transcripts show up as received. Hope that helps and good luck!

I submitted mine about a week ago (September 17th I think) and it took about 12 hours to verify. Although, all of my transcripts and everything had already been received so I think that helped too.

Just an update on how long it's taking to verify applications:

I submitted mine Oct 2nd, and it was just verified today, Oct 8th :)