Program-Specific Info / Q's OTD Tufts 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123456OT

Reaction score
Hello!

I applied for the Tufts OTD program (starting fall 2021). I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Tufts regarding their application status and when?

Good luck to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I applied and have not heard back yet. My application was verified somewhere around the end of September and was sent in before the October 15th due date. I received an email a while ago stating that my application was verified! I think the status of acceptance should be around MId-November, so maybe next week or the following?

Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I applied for the Tufts OTD program (starting fall 2021). I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Tufts regarding their application status and when?

Good luck to everyone :)
Hi! I have been anxiously awaiting a response! After doing some research, I found that last year they heard back on 11/12. Hopefully, we hear back this week. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an email this morning? I cannot tell if it was a true acceptance or just a recommendation to the dean for acceptance?

Did anyone else get an email this morning? I cannot tell if it was a true acceptance or just a recommendation to the dean for acceptance?
I did! I'm assuming it was an acceptance since the email talks about RSVPing to the Admitted Student Reception which I'm guessing would only be for those who got in. Congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 users
I did! I'm assuming it was an acceptance since the email talks about RSVPing to the Admitted Student Reception which I'm guessing would only be for those who got in. Congratulations!!
You as well! So exciting! Did you get a PIN number in your email? Mine was left blank

Hi!

I also got that email this morning, but I am a little confused on when we would need to confirm our spot in the program? I am still waiting to hear back from a few other schools

Congrats everyone! Did anyone get a denial email? I did not get the acceptance email today, but also have not received anything stating I was denied? Still clinging onto hope that there will be a later round of acceptance emails :(

Hi everyone!
I think I can answer a few questions..last week Jill from admissions said that she is hoping for all decisions to be out this Friday. Some got in on Monday and I was freaking out, but I received an acceptance this morning! It looks like they are doing a few every morning.

Also my PIN was blank too but I got an email after with the PIN and the link again!

I think the deposit needs to be put down by January 10th, but don't quote me on that. I am guessing we will know more details after the Accepted Student reception.

Good luck to everyone, I am sure you all are great candidates!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone!
I think I can answer a few questions..last week Jill from admissions said that she is hoping for all decisions to be out this Friday. Some got in on Monday and I was freaking out, but I received an acceptance this morning! It looks like they are doing a few every morning.

Also my PIN was blank too but I got an email after with the PIN and the link again!

I think the deposit needs to be put down by January 10th, but don't quote me on that. I am guessing we will know more details after the Accepted Student reception.

This definitely was helpful!! Still clinging to hope I'll have an email in the morning!! Thank you!! and congratulations!!!

Hi everyone!

Thank you! So did the email today where she stated she is recommending acceptance to the Dean mean we were accepted? The email was a bit confusing since it also had a link for the accepted student reception.

Thank you! So did the email today where she stated she is recommending acceptance to the Dean mean we were accepted? The email was a bit confusing since it also had a link for the accepted student reception.
I know! It confused me too, but it looks like from what I've been hearing we are accepted and we just have to receive conformation from the Dean. Also has anyone heard anything about scholarship information from Tufts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi again!

I did get the official letter from the Dean just now! I had to log into the Tufts application portal to view it.

There was also a scholarship letter attached. I am curious if anyone got the same thing? I wasn't sure how they determined the scholarship amount... It is still very expensive even with the deduction, so I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Congratulations everyone!!!

Hi! I received the official email today & scholarship as well :) So exciting! I’m with you in that even with scholarship it’s still crazy expensive though.

Hi all, I got into the Tufts OTD program this week and am seriously considering attending! I'm still waiting to hear back from MGH and BU (only applying to Boston area schools) but just in case I do get solid offers from them I hoping to get some good comparisons.
Some questions...
  1. One of the things I like about BU and MGH is the inter-professional education aspect. Since one day as an OT I'll likely be working with PT's, SLP's, psychiatrists, etc. I think it would be really cool to be going to school in an academic environment where you get to work with these types of students. Does Tufts have anything like this? I'm picking up on some interdisciplinary work between OT's and engineers in the CLIC center, but what about other health professionals?
  2. I was reading on the MGH site about their IMPACT/CLiPR lab and Simulated Patients. Essentially, these allow you to hone your skills as an OT by providing free services to the community or fine tuning/developing skills with a simulated patient in a way that allows other students/faculty to give you feedback on. This forum mentioned something about a simulation lab - is it something like what MGH offers?
  3. What are the differences in emphases on research?
  4. How do the programs compare in rigor? While I'm sure it's still rigorous, I heard from someone that Tufts has a reputation for being a little more relaxed than other top programs, allowing for a little bit more of a work life balance. Does anyone else agree with this or no?
If anyone has any insight please share! Thanks :)

Hi all, I got into the Tufts OTD program this week and am seriously considering attending! I'm still waiting to hear back from MGH and BU (only applying to Boston area schools) but just in case I do get solid offers from them I hoping to get some good comparisons.
Some questions...
  1. One of the things I like about BU and MGH is the inter-professional education aspect. Since one day as an OT I'll likely be working with PT's, SLP's, psychiatrists, etc. I think it would be really cool to be going to school in an academic environment where you get to work with these types of students. Does Tufts have anything like this? I'm picking up on some interdisciplinary work between OT's and engineers in the CLIC center, but what about other health professionals?
  2. I was reading on the MGH site about their IMPACT/CLiPR lab and Simulated Patients. Essentially, these allow you to hone your skills as an OT by providing free services to the community or fine tuning/developing skills with a simulated patient in a way that allows other students/faculty to give you feedback on. This forum mentioned something about a simulation lab - is it something like what MGH offers?
  4. How do the programs compare in rigor? While I'm sure it's still rigorous, I heard from someone that Tufts has a reputation for being a little more relaxed than other top programs, allowing for a little bit more of a work life balance. Does anyone else agree with this or no?
Through my research of Tufts the one thing they do lack and I am disappointed in is their lack of collaboration with other health disciplines.

Some questions...
Sorry for the late response I have been working on finals and finishing up the semester!

I was worried about this too! Jill said that they realize they do not do any inter professional with rehab (SLP, PT, etc) and they have been having meetings of how to integrate it into their program as soon as possible. I am not sure if it would be implemented in the first year, and this is what I was most worried about in the program.

I did not apply to MGH so I can't speak to them but that lab sounds cool!

I know BU has a HUGE emphasis on research. From the information session I almost got the feeling they value research more than being a clinician, maybe it was just me but that is the feel I got, and someone else I talked to said the same as well.

I have a feeling they are similar in rigor. The feeling I got was that BU was a bit more professional and high strung while Tufts is like you said more relaxed. I know BU is more competitive once you are in the program it seems like you are competing with members of your cohort and Tufts seems to have a more collaborative "help each other out" environment. Tufts does say that they know people want to work and they want you to have this balance.

Overall, I think it is personal preference! I know my friend I mentioned earlier really wants to do research so she loves BU, but personally I am not as interested so I prefer the atmosphere of Tufts!

Sorry for the late response I have been working on finals and finishing up the semester!

I was worried about this too! Jill said that they realize they do not do any inter professional with rehab (SLP, PT, etc) and they have been having meetings of how to integrate it into their program as soon as possible. I am not sure if it would be implemented in the first year, and this is what I was most worried about in the program.

I did not apply to MGH so I can't speak to them but that lab sounds cool!

I know BU has a HUGE emphasis on research. From the information session I almost got the feeling they value research more than being a clinician, maybe it was just me but that is the feel I got, and someone else I talked to said the same as well.

I have a feeling they are similar in rigor. The feeling I got was that BU was a bit more professional and high strung while Tufts is like you said more relaxed. I know BU is more competitive once you are in the program it seems like you are competing with members of your cohort and Tufts seems to have a more collaborative "help each other out" environment. Tufts does say that they know people want to work and they want you to have this balance.

Overall, I think it is personal preference! I know my friend I mentioned earlier really wants to do research so she loves BU, but personally I am not as interested so I prefer the atmosphere of Tufts!
Thanks for the response!! This is really helpful, and I agree with everything that's being said. I'm liking the Tufts vibe a lot... Thanks.

Is anyone on the tufts waitlist, and if so has there been any word? The email said they'll re-evaluate our position on the waitlist on January 10th, so I'm just anxiously refreshing my email every 5 minutes lol.

Is anyone on the tufts waitlist, and if so has there been any word? The email said they'll re-evaluate our position on the waitlist on January 10th, so I'm just anxiously refreshing my email every 5 minutes lol.
Hi! I’m not on the waitlist, but the accepted students had until yesterday to put their deposit down, so I’m thinking the admissions team is starting the re-evaluation today. :) Good luck!

Hey! I'm on the waitlist as well, I believe they are aiming to update us midweek. Until then I'll be right there with you anxiously refreshing my email too :) Good luck to you!

Hi! I’m not on the waitlist, but the accepted students had until yesterday to put their deposit down, so I’m thinking the admissions team is starting the re-evaluation today. :) Good luck!
I am also anxiously awaiting! Have you heard anything?

No! My fingers are crossed to hear back any news today!
Ugh me too!! My deposit is due for another program today so I was hoping to hear from tufts before it was due and avoid losing an extra $500 :( oh well, fingers and toes still crossed lol!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has heard anything back yet? I'm so anxious!

Hi! Have you heard back by any chance? I’m also waitlisted and am so anxious!
Just saw that they emailed this morning and it got caught in my junk folder, but unfortunately I didn’t get in off the waitlist :(

Just saw that they emailed this morning and it got caught in my junk folder, but unfortunately I didn’t get in off the waitlist :(
Im sorry to hear that! So they emailed you letting you know you are not on the waitlist anymore?

Last edited: