Other Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tegs15

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which schools do NOT participate in AMCAS? Maybe there are not any, but the AMCAS web site alludes to the fact there are. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia and the UT schools are the only ones I know that don't participate in AMCAS. Maybe NYU, but not sure.

taehong81 said:
Columbia and the UT schools are the only ones I know that don't participate in AMCAS. Maybe NYU, but not sure.

I heard that Columbia was switching to AMCAS this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
im pretty sure nyu is non-amcas. and most of the texas schools.

i just did a quick web search and got the following list from
http://homepage.mac.com/dsacco/schools.html

and yes, they apparently like it their own way in Texas (AMCAS not allowed)!
and brown is different because they accept most of their students in the combined BS/MD 8-year program.

Baylor, Brown, Missouri (KC), NYU, North Dakota, Texas - Galveston, Texas - San Antonio, Texas - Houston, Texas - Southwestern / Dallas, Texas Tech

they also have columbia listed, but as mentioned columbia is switching to AMCAS starting this year.

tegs15 said:
Does anyone know which schools do NOT participate in AMCAS? Maybe there are not any, but the AMCAS web site alludes to the fact there are. :cool:

Thanks, I think Columbia is using AMCAS, but I'll have to look at NYU and completely forgot about Texas.

noami said:
i just did a quick web search and got the following list from
http://homepage.mac.com/dsacco/schools.html

and yes, they apparently like it their own way in Texas (AMCAS not allowed)!
and brown is different because they accept most of their students in the combined BS/MD 8-year program.

Baylor, Brown, Missouri (KC), NYU, North Dakota, Texas - Galveston, Texas - San Antonio, Texas - Houston, Texas - Southwestern / Dallas, Texas Tech

they also have columbia listed, but as mentioned columbia is switching to AMCAS starting this year.

Baylor is on AMCAS. They held out for the first year, I think, but have been on AMCAS for the last 2 or 3 years now.