other options for MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coconut lime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure what the correct forum is for this question, but on another thread i read that "there are many other things you can do with an MD." what are other options out there? anyone have any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Drug companies are always looking for MDs to do research, and you don't even need the fancy MD/PhD.
They will typically pay a competitive salary (wrt MDs) too. Not necessarily as high as a private practitioner, but still very comfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also heard that pharmaceutical companies will hire you in sales positions. I heard a doctor tell someone once to get their MD, not worry about a residency, and sell pharmaceuticals. He said they'll pay you a solid 6-figure income and you'll be on your own schedule, no malpractice insurance, and play all the golf you can stand. Just another idea.

insurance companies will pay docs good money to deny claims, but you really have to be ready to sell out and be ostrasized by the md community.

BE AN ASTRONAUT!!!