Other San Antonio VA caliber AEGD/GPRs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baylor2011

DDS Apprentice
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody has some recommendations for AEGDs/GPRs that are along the same caliber as the San Antonio VA. I'm looking for endo, implants, perio surgeries (possibly sinus lifts as well), and advanced esthetics/complicated restorative cases. So far I've found a few I want to apply to - San Antonio VA, Oklahoma, and Temple Texas VA. I've been told about Salt Lake City VA, UF Seminole, and one in Idaho. Anybody have any insight to these programs or any others I should look at? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The Oklahoma AEGD is pretty solid. Lots of implants, esthetic cases, surgery, and endo. They are getting a new director for the next year though, so who knows what it'll turn into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgia, Palmetto, Salt Lake, Idaho, St Pete's are pretty legit.

I'm wondering if anybody has some recommendations for AEGDs/GPRs that are along the same caliber as the San Antonio VA. I'm looking for endo, implants, perio surgeries (possibly sinus lifts as well), and advanced esthetics/complicated restorative cases. So far I've found a few I want to apply to - San Antonio VA, Oklahoma, and Temple Texas VA. I've been told about Salt Lake City VA, UF Seminole, and one in Idaho. Anybody have any insight to these programs or any others I should look at? Thanks!

I am currently a first year resident at UTHSCSA AEGD program. This program has been fabulous!! I have placed about 20 implants done at least 12 cases of thirds, done multiple lateral ridge augmentations, done 3 cases with bilateral open sinus lifts and a few closed sinus lifts, along with starting or continuing 3 cases of full mouth rehab. This program is the farthest thing from a 5th year of dental school as you can get. You are expected to know the basics of pre-doc dentrisrty when you arrive and then you are encouraged to expand your clinical skills to a level of confidence. This program is also one of the only that grants you IV moderate sedation certification at the end of one year. There is also an optional 2nd year available for those that want to get even more experience. One of the current 2nd year residents has done well of 200 implants!!! There is a faculty to student ratio of 5:16 everyday. We have a periodontist, endodontist, orthodontist, multiple general denists, IV sedation dentist, and general dentists with years of OMS fellowship.

This is the best program in the USA hands down!!! I would not even consider going anywhere else!!