This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsMCJammer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have not closed yourself out. The 1st week of January start setting up your aways. The comlex score is the higher the better. Your job is to wow them on auditions, start readying ent secrets/pasha/Cummings/Bailey.

I do want to say this is very unlikely that you will match, it’s the nature if the specialty. you may make an impression on someone and an exception can be made. Don’t put your hopes up, but if you want to pursue this work harder than every else.

Your best bet is to kill it on your away rotations (if those are still a thing with COVID). Be helpful, don't overstep, know your place on the team etc. If you do a good job and are generally well-liked you may be able to pull yourself up and get an interview. Your biggest issue is going to be your step score. Its annoying, but a reality that many programs have an automatic cutoff and wont even review an application if it doesn't meet that metric (at least thats how it was at my program). That being said, there is a chief resident at my program that is getting ready to graduate as a superstar resident that wouldnt have even had his application reviewed had he not rotated through. We all really liked him during his rotation and advocated for him hard to our faculty.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the candor! As I have been told many times, this is a long shot. I suppose the more important question is what are these 'slim' chances we're talking about here. I know it doe I sn't make much sense to give percentages to these things but would help me gauge where I'm at here. Presuming I improve Step 2/Level 2 (250+/650+), what % are we looking at (assuming I am above average on SubI's and am easy to get along with)? I don't know if I'm confident to say I will outshine every other rotate but I do believe I can be above average. Thanks!
There are 18 previous osteopathic ent residency spots. At least 50 applicants have applied for these positions this year. Realistically you can get auditions at 8ish Of the 13 residencies With your scores. Apply for sub I early to increase your chances. Pm me with questions