OU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teufelhunden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from OU-COM? My file has been complete there for about a month, but I've yet to hear anything. I wonder if their process takes longer (screening 2nd-aries for interviews) since they make final decisions immediately following the interview (?)

------------------
"Some people follow their dreams, Others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission. " --- Neil Kendall

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at OU-COM on Oct. 10. They said it was the first interview group of the year. They tell you the next day if you got in. And I got In!! But they only interview two days a week so that may be why it's taking so long. My application was completed in early sept. Good Luck I hope you get an interview!!!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you plan on attending, or are you still considering other schools? Also, what was your impression of the school?

------------------
"Some people follow their dreams, Others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission. " --- Neil Kendall

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!!

Akron, I go to at Kent State!!! Are you at U of A? Congrats on your acceptance! OU-COM is my number one choice! Good Luck!

Yeah I went to U of A. I graduated last may and i'm doing research at the cleveland clinic now. I got in to about 8 other schools, and I am leaning towards KCOM right now. OUCOM is a great school and it was one of my number one choices, but this past year they just changed there system of testing and I don't really like there new one. Now they have one test every 4-6 weeks over every class, anatomy,histology, biochem... everything on one test. If you fail that one test you have to repeat that section so you fall behind. Therefore if your weak in one subject it could put you behind your entire class. It's not like if you fail a gross test you can bring up your average on the next one, you have to repeat all the subjects.
That really turned me off to the school, but that's the only negative I could say about it. Everything else, the kids, the faculty, and the administration was wonderful. It's really a great school if you don't mind there form of testing.
When I interviewed in October the first year class was the first class to be using it and the kids I talked to had'nt taken their first test yet. They had a "practice" one after about 4 weeks and the guy said nearly half the class failed. So he was a little nervous about the real one coming up.
But if your interested in there problem based learning, I know they have a great program. The kids I talked to both first and second years absolutely loved there system of learning so if your interested in that type of program OUCOM definately where you want to go.

Good Luck!!