Ou-com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT to D.O./M.D.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello fellow sdn'ers. I am new to the posting thing. Anyone had any news from Ohio U? I am anxiously awaiting an interview. Any advice on speeding up the process? - I have already rec. 3 acceptances

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Are you an out-of-state applicant? I am and haven't heard from OUCOM either. Ohio residents have the priority so my guess is that they are interviewing residents first. I called a week ago to ensure my application is complete...now I just wait.
tick...tock...tick...tock

That is what worries me - I am an Ohio res! I spoke to two others today who have not had any news yet either - Just looking for some feedback - Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry yet...they're probably sifting through all the applications slowly. From the times that I've spoken to Admissions on the phone, they're very selective in who receives the secondaries and interviews. I know a few other Ohio residents who are still waiting.

Also, from past statistics, if you're a resident, you have a really good chance of getting in...

Thanks for the feedback - I guess I could be worse off!! I think OU is my #1 choice - but would take feedback on this as well - LATER!

Hey all,

From what I understand OU is very very selective in offering interviews. It just really depends on (1) your being an Ohio resident and (2) the overall quality of the application. I turned in my secondary Sept. 29, received an interview offer Oct. 10, interviewed on Oct. 24th, and was accepted the same day. I guess they can move really fast depending on how much they want you!

Any questions, please ask! :)

Don't think its my numbrs or app. (both excellent). Could be that I am a non trad. student. Who knows. Congrats by the way! Will you accept? What were your impressions?

One of my best friends is in his 3rd year at OU. He told me that they make decisions on interviews on the same day. Interview people all day, meet that evening, decide who to accept and who to put on hold.

By the way, he is an OH resident, didn't get an interview until April and still got in! (and he's a non-traditional student so that isn't the issue) So there is hope. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I expect I'm not going to be their top priority because I'm out-of-state, but I'd say they weeded a lot of us out with that contract!

Good luck!

Willow

I interviewed at OU-COM early October. I'm nontraditional and a non-OH resident. There were also two other people that were not OH residents in the group of nine. I wouldn't worry. It takes a while to go through all the applications.

The interview day is very relaxed and the admissions office is extremely helpful. If you're admitted they usually let you know within 24 hours or less. Good luck!

I just wanted to make sure that all of you interested in OUCOM are aware of the 5-year contract required for acceptance. I live in Michigan, and even though it is close, that was a big turnoff for me. I decided not to send my secondary for that reason alone. I just couldn't restrict myself from family and friends for the next 9 years of my life. Good luck to all that have applied.

Thanks guys - these are great posts - keep them coming!! What were your impressions of the school as compared to some of the other schools you applied to? I am worried that Athens isn't the best place to live and my wife will have to find work somewhere. From what I hear the school has a great rep. It seems as thought they have not started interviewing the bulk of the applications yet (wishful thinking). Good luck to everyone out there looking to get into OU (and if you don't like it DECLINE YOUR SEAT - I WANT IT!!) - LATER

P.S. The contract is no problem for me - by the way - I saw that there was some discussion about if they inforce the contract - I can tell you for a fact that they do! But, you can fulfill your req. during residency!