Ouch, first rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I can now join the rejection ranks on this list. After taking my $85 for the secondary Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) rejected me today without any reason at all and before any interview.

Oh well... I really am not upset. I have had one interview at my first choice and have another interview next week. Well, EVMS your loss is another school's gain.

Continued good luck to all. :p :p :p :p :D

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry....and...good luck :) :)

I like your attitude, Amy Beth! :D Case Western rejected me without interview after I'd been invited to only one interview (Columbia). I felt pretty bad. :( But since then I've been invited to 3 more interviews plus a phone interview with Mayo. Feeling a lot better now! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Before you get invited for a personal interview, Mayo has a phone interview screening process. Apparently they ask everyone the same list of questions during the phone interview.

Originally posted by Amy Beth:
• what is a phone interview? I have never heard of that one before?•••

Mayo doesn't have a secondary. They use the phone interview in lieu of a secondary to screen before offering on-site interviews.

Sorry to hear about that Amy Beth -- it's definitely their loss! :)