Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ouch!!Interviewfeedback is still down...EINSTEIN interview advice greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by naya, Apr 27, 2002.

1. naya

naya Member
    7+ Year Member

Those of you who interviewed at Einstein would you please share your interview experience/questions and/or other information. Going through this process is a lot easier with the support of SDNers.

2. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at Einstien in early Nov. I was waitlisted around December and then shortly withdrew my application from consideration. There is one faculty interviewer that lasts around 1 hour or so. The day is pretty short. You're out of there around 1pm. There really isn't much surrounding the school. My interviewer was pretty fair and nice. Overall, I liked the school, but couldn't see myself going there. My interviewer had my whole file open right in front of me and asked questions from it.

Hope this helps!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. missMD

missMD Member
    7+ Year Member

My interview was in mid February at 10am. My Einstein interviewer asked about the trouble spots in my application. He also asked about my views on politics and world events. The best advice I can give you is to relax. When you are not nervous you are better prepared to come off well to an interviewer even if you don't have the exact answer he/she is looking for. And last of all, however your day goes you can't judge your chances. I thought my interviewer was tough and unimpressed but, then I got in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. naya

naya Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you for the information.

5. barb

barb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My interview was at 10am at another hospital, so they had me take the shuttle to the other hospital. When I arrived, several med students helped me find my interviewer's office (all the med students I met were incredibly helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be going to school there). My interviewer seemed pretty nice, though he grilled me quite a bit, but at then end he seemed very positive. Then I went back and toured the school, it was pretty OK, just the surrounding area wasn't very interesting. But minus the surrounding neighborhood, I was fairly impressed with the school.
    As far as post-interview, every Wednesday the admissions committee meets. I called to check my status on a Thursday and was told that my application had yet to go to the committee and that it would be at least three more weeks before I heard anything (it had already been almost 8 weeks since my interview when I called). My rejection letter, however, was dated the very next day (on a Friday). When I called to inquire about how I could have gotten a rejection letter when my app had not even gone to the committee yet, the secretary told me that she just tells people that so they won't bother her again for several more weeks. When I e-mailed Noreen Kerrigan about it (not complaining about the secretary, just inquiring about my application), she gave me a general form letter suggesting I strengthen my application by taking some post-bac courses and getting some research experience (I have a masters in chemistry with a 3.8 GPA and four years of solid research experience, including 2 published abstracts).
    Because of this latter treatment, I now have a very negative view of this school, although I still think it is a great school and you will get a great medical education there. I wish you good luck!

6. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by barb:
    <strong>My interview was at 10am at another hospital, so they had me take the shuttle to the other hospital. When I arrived, several med students helped me find my interviewer's office (all the med students I met were incredibly helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be going to school there). My interviewer seemed pretty nice, though he grilled me quite a bit, but at then end he seemed very positive. Then I went back and toured the school, it was pretty OK, just the surrounding area wasn't very interesting. But minus the surrounding neighborhood, I was fairly impressed with the school.
    As far as post-interview, every Wednesday the admissions committee meets. I called to check my status on a Thursday and was told that my application had yet to go to the committee and that it would be at least three more weeks before I heard anything (it had already been almost 8 weeks since my interview when I called). My rejection letter, however, was dated the very next day (on a Friday). When I called to inquire about how I could have gotten a rejection letter when my app had not even gone to the committee yet, the secretary told me that she just tells people that so they won't bother her again for several more weeks. When I e-mailed Noreen Kerrigan about it (not complaining about the secretary, just inquiring about my application), she gave me a general form letter suggesting I strengthen my application by taking some post-bac courses and getting some research experience (I have a masters in chemistry with a 3.8 GPA and four years of solid research experience, including 2 published abstracts).
    Because of this latter treatment, I now have a very negative view of this school, although I still think it is a great school and you will get a great medical education there. I wish you good luck!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn barb, that really is unfortunate. I'd be really discontent with the admissions office at aecom if that happened to me. I've found myself judging a school in the past based on the efficiency and politeness of the admin office, but I think the school itself and the experience you'll receive there as you train to become a physician has nothing to do with how ridiculous the admission's personnel are. I would have told Noreen about it (in a dignified way). She appears really nice, aside from dispursing generic 'how to improve yourself' forms to those students rejected.

As far as the interview. My interview was at the Jacoby center with a radiologist. I interviewed with a very relaxed and interested radiologist for about an hour and ten minutes or so. The students seemed to like their curriculum, were more mature than other schools that I've visited, and gave honest input about both the strengths and weaknesses of the program. The most important advice I can give you is to be confident, energetic, and honest. There is no need to stress out. Others that have interviewed there have also reported low-stress interviews. Good luck.

7. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed back in October with a pediatrian in Jacobi. My interview was in the morning, but I missed the lunch and tour because the interviewer had difficulty with the AMCAS printouts! Following our interview, she took me to lunch at a little Italian restaurant and gave me a quick tour of the school, minus the dorms.

My interview was an hour and a half and we just talked about Pittsburgh (we are both from the city) and transitioning to NYC life. She gave me a lot of advice about medical school and told me she would give me a positive review.

I have been leaning toward AE since my acceptance in January. My interviewer continues to e-mail me and we are going to meet for lunch in June when I go to talk to the FA officer concerning loans and stuff.

I returned for a second visit in late January. I talked to many second years who, like souljah experienced, were very upfront with the positives and negatives of the school. They seemed happy overall and content with their decision to attend the school.

If you have any questions concerning your interview, you can PM me.

8. rockaway2

rockaway2 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed mid-Jan.....after picking up a sealed packet from the admissions office in the Belfer bldg..I hand delivered it to the interviewer's secretary....I was fortunate enough to get a Dr. Maris Rosenberg...an amazing pediatrician who works with special needs children..we spoke for an hour and twenty minutes...then back to Belfer to meet up with other interviewees and current med students...lunch and a quick tour...EVERYONE was incredibly nice and down to earth..you've probably heard this a million times...be yourself...and just be honest as to why you are on this path to becoming a physician (and WHAT A PATH IT'S BEEN!!!)
    best of luck to you....say hi to the Bronx for me, (I grew up 5 minutes from Einstein)