OUCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Claymore

Yankees Suck
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from OUCOM? This is the only one I'm waiting on (14/15).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I haven't heard from Ohio or New York.
Tim.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard from them yet either - they're the only one I'm waiting on and I have interviews already!!! Strange... :)

Hi! I too got my Ohio secondary on Saturday! Plus, a postcard from New York saying that they are reviewing applications!
Be on the look out in the mail!
Happy Labor Day!

Wow! I got OU today, and boy is it short (and inexpensive). Does anyone know anything about this commitment contract for non-Ohio residents? A girl I know interviewed there last year and said that they tell you different ways to get around it, but you still have to committ. Just wondering... :)

From what I have heard, the contract states that you have to practice medicine in Ohio for 5 years after graduation. However, with a hefty fee you can pay to get out of it.

that sux, you have to practice in ohio!! how much is the little waiver fee?

Interestingly, I already have interviews scheduled at NOVA and UHS (awaiting others), but OUCOM sent me a letter "regretting to inform me" that I am not qualified to complete a secondary app. It must be that I am a non-resident? Hmmm...and the letter was addressed to "Ms.", not Mr.!
Good luck to the Ohio residents!!! :rolleyes: