Our School's MSPE simply sucks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadet133

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I go to a carribean school and for the MSPE they dont even highlight our great performances from our rotations or even mention the negatives. They just simply state a syllabus of what we are expected to do for each clerkship rotation. Anyone else's school does that? IS this a negative thing? Can it hurt?

Members don't see this ad.

So I go to a carribean school and for the MSPE they dont even highlight our great performances from our rotations or even mention the negatives. They just simply state a syllabus of what we are expected to do for each clerkship rotation. Anyone else's school does that? IS this a negative thing? Can it hurt?

Hey so if you find online the category A,B,C criteria from UMICh the MSPE is not category A criteria.
Category A criteria are USMLE, M3 grades

You could probably also look up a survey they did a while back regarding what PD value most . Last time I checked it wasn't super high (like top 2 high)

Unless you are planning to get your school's admiistration to change the MSPE format - your MSPE has already been set in stone and there is pretty much nothing you can do. My suggestion is to move on and focus on more important things.