Our Worst MCAT Enemies!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeCat

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All right, this is the spot to list your worst enemies. Mine? They are:

The Kidney
Optics
Electricity/Magnetism

One of each, I guess. Any suggestions to make these easier?

Members don't see this ad.

Carbonyl Chemistry

and mostly...

Female Reproductive System and their Menstrual Cycle!!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by AntGod22
Mine is physics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you physics.

:laugh: It looks like physics is the winner!

My worst MCAT enemy is the time constraint!!! :mad:

Falling asleep the night before was my enemy. I watched helplessly as the hours went by on my clock, knowing that I was blowing it. I ended up getting ~2 hours of sleep. It messed me up a little on Physical, but otherwise things turned out okay.

can I vent too? I have my DAT in a couple of weeks....

time contraint! :mad:
acids and bases
reproduction! +pissed+

Ok thanks :)

The persons in the test center who either keeps making noises with their chairs or feels the need to tap on the desk or crumple their test booklet.

Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
Falling asleep the night before was my enemy. I watched helplessly as the hours went by on my clock, knowing that I was blowing it. I ended up getting ~2 hours of sleep. It messed me up a little on Physical, but otherwise things turned out okay.

Actually this is a concern I have as well. Has anyone tried any of those sleeping pills? I heard that they can leave you with a bad feeling the morning afer. Anybody have experience with these pills?

SOLN chemistry!! I don't know why... maybe I should just review a little more-but its been a hangup on previous prac.mcats.

as for sleeping, just go on a long run/bike ride/swim/etc. the day before and you should sleep like a babe. No need for sleeping pills-you may wake up very groggy the next morning.. OR, your anxiety thats keeping you awake may trump the effects of the sleeping pill only to keep you slightly awake during the night with even poorer results.--This happened to me before an orgo exam last year..

peace,
biffer

Originally posted by danwsu

Actually this is a concern I have as well. Has anyone tried any of those sleeping pills? I heard that they can leave you with a bad feeling the morning afer. Anybody have experience with these pills?

Definitely do NOT take sleeping pills!! Even if the box says you won't be groggy in the morning, you don't want to take any chances. The worst thing that can happen is being groggy/sleepy/tired on the morning of that test. I got maybe 6 hours of sleep and really struggled to keep awake during verbal. :sleep: I ended up not being able to read the last passage and had to guess. Thankfully, I got a decent score, but I know I probably could have done better if I was more aware. Just practice going to sleep at a decent hour and waking up early during the week of the test.

i hate physics!!!!!

are you guys memorizing a lot of ochem reactions? i feel lik it's kind of not worth it & that we will only need to know a few of the basic ones. what do y'all think???

I agree that orgo reactions is not very high yield...outside of basic E1/E2 and SN1/SN2 I have rarely found a question where knowing a reaction would moire quickly lead you to the right answer.