Out of pure curiosity, how did your undergraduate cumulative GPA compare to your PT school GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellerac

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm simply curious, to see if there's a trend relating to undergraduate grades vs. grades in PT school. I know the emphasis on PT school is more of just passing, and that not everyone cares greatly about their grad school grades.

My grad school GPA was significantly higher than my PT school GPA, by .5 point.

Members don't see this ad.

My grad school GPA is also .4 points higher than my undergrad, I believe it is from better studying habits and a more focused learning environment I had in grad school vs undergrad.

My PT school GPA is less lol (3.8 compared to my 3.9 undergrad GPA)

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad higher. I do not really care what my grades are now (as long as I never touch academic probation) as they no longer serve as a gate-keeping hurdle to something else. Meaning, getting straight As will not net me a better job than straight Bs so...learn what I need to and move on.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm simply curious, to see if there's a trend relating to undergraduate grades vs. grades in PT school. I know the emphasis on PT school is more of just passing, and that not everyone cares greatly about their grad school grades.

Undergrad GPA 2.5.
Cumulative undergrad with pre-reques GPA 3.0-3.1
PT school GPA 3.75. After a year or so I did not care about my grades anymore since it looked like I would meet min requirements for the rest of the program and would make it. :).

Reactions: 1 users

Undergrad 3.9
Grad (Master's degree): 4.0
Grad (DPT): 3.6 and I graduate this December so I don't really see that changing. My goal has been to understand the material and stay far, far away from academic probation, not get a 4.0. B's make DPTs!

Undergrad 3.4, PT 3.6. Also due to early years in undergrad I wasnt as focused and study habits werent as sharp. I didnt overly focus on nailing every question in PT school to make sure my GPA was a certain point but I noticed that the more you got into the material, the more you wanted to learn it. That carried over well to helping my PT GPA end up higher than my undergrad.