Out of state applicant for UT Houston still in the dark post-interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakola

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what to make of the fact that I am an out of state applicant to the University of Texas, Houston, interviewed on September 5th and have to hear anything from them. I admit to being completely clueless about how UTH evaluates, notifies, and deals with out of state interviewees. I've called the admissions office a few times and was told that I was still "under review". I guess I'm just wondering what to think given the timeframe of how Texas schools do things and whether or not this means the best I can hope for is a waitlist, or if it means a flat out rejection? I'm sure others have asked the question and if it has been answered elsewhere I would really appreciate a link to another thread with this info, I've looked and haven't found anything. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Texas treats its out of state applicants just like AMCAS. Acceptances started going out on October 15.

The match is coming up for Texas residents on Feb 1, so you may not hear anything until around then.

I'm just wondering what to make of the fact that I am an out of state applicant to the University of Texas, Houston, interviewed on September 5th and have to hear anything from them. I admit to being completely clueless about how UTH evaluates, notifies, and deals with out of state interviewees. I've called the admissions office a few times and was told that I was still "under review". I guess I'm just wondering what to think given the timeframe of how Texas schools do things and whether or not this means the best I can hope for is a waitlist, or if it means a flat out rejection? I'm sure others have asked the question and if it has been answered elsewhere I would really appreciate a link to another thread with this info, I've looked and haven't found anything. Thanks.

Dude, come to the oos for tx thread. We're hard to miss. Sort by replies and we'll be in the top ten. You're not rejected until you're rejected, but at this point you're more than likely waiting to find out if you make the waitlist, which is usually put out 2-3 weeks after the Feb 1 match. IIRC, oos and instate are part of the same pool. You can do a search there and find the size of the pool last year, etc. In our thread we have a 1st year at UTH (dd128...the blue m&m haha) that was oos and early on got off the waitlist...though he did have strong tx ties. If you have any other ?'s just let us know.:luck::xf:

EDIT: Haha ok, I just saw that you posted in that thread. I know it looks like just a few people screwing around in there for 50 pages at first glance, but we're generally pretty good about helping out, and we know our stuff as well or better than most, imho;)

Last edited: