Out of State Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
28 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, CA resident. Sucks to be applying right now.

Anyone know of any schools that are friendly to OOS applicants with low stats? Is it true that as an OOS applicant you have to have higher stats than IS?

Or is there a website that can quickly filter this info for me? Besides MSAR which doesn't have a user friendly filter.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

28 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, CA resident. Sucks to be applying right now.

Anyone know of any schools that are friendly to OOS applicants with low stats? Is it true that as an OOS applicant you have to have higher stats than IS?

Or is there a website that can quickly filter this info for me? Besides MSAR which doesn't have a user friendly filter.
Thanks!!

MSAR is your best bet. It's time consuming to look through all the schools to figure out stat matches, but totally worth it.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Search for the spreadsheet on sdn, but a 28 is going to make it really hard for you at MD programs....

Members don't see this ad :)
There are so many applicants applying from California that OOS schools can really get picky about them. Def apply to DO schools as well.

Private schools are more likely to accept OOS, so begin looking there. Look into Jefferson, Albany, Creighton, Medical College of Wisconcin, Drexel, and a few more like them that I can't think of off the top of my head. With a 28, it'll be hard for MD, seeing as how the national 10th percentile is a 27. But yeah, apply DO as well, as that's your best bet.

Reactions: 1 user
On MSAR you can sort schools by GPA or MCAT. Helps out a little bit.