Out of state applicants to CA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if out of state applications are looked at after those of state residents, or are they looked at along with them? I have a pretty good GPA, good personal statement, and good work experience, however the only CA school I've heard from so far is Touro. I know that some of the CA schools I applied to are offering interviews but I haven't even heard anything back yet at all. Well I guess waiting is better than a rejection letter!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Stephie said:
Does anyone know if out of state applications are looked at after those of state residents, or are they looked at along with them? I have a pretty good GPA, good personal statement, and good work experience, however the only CA school I've heard from so far is Touro. I know that some of the CA schools I applied to are offering interviews but I haven't even heard anything back yet at all. Well I guess waiting is better than a rejection letter!

Thanks!

It doesn't matter if you are out of state when it comes to admissions, only
the tuition is affected.
I'm in-state and haven't heard as well...Hopefully we will here soon!

:thumbup:

Stephie said:

Thanks!

Whether you're from out-of-state or an in-state resident, I don't think it really matters. Although some pharm schools do say they favor in-state residents more due to state funding, if your stats are good/competitive, they'll pick you vs. a non-competitive in-state applicant. Also, each school probably has a quota to meet, so it never hurts to apply.

Hope this helps. :)