Out of state med schools-unkonwn MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

How do you know which schools to apply to before you have your mcat score? And besides the schools in my state, what are good OOS schools to apply to ?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know which schools to apply to before you have your mcat score? And besides the schools in my state, what are good OOS schools to apply to ?

How can we know what out of state schools you should apply to unless we know what states you are out of state

Well it doesn't really matter because if you said a university in my state i'd just ignore it, I was thinking people would say more than one college.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your GPA, and your scores on the MCAT practice tests?

we also wouldn't be able to give you a good list of schools unless you told us a little more about your background (i.e. your gpa)

we also wouldn't be able to give you a good list of schools unless you told us a little more about your background (i.e. your gpa)

some diagnostics/"practice" tests i took so far were:
25- (10,10,5)

Unless he studied hard and brought it up.

Being realistic, up to this point, I would say it's out of the question.

Of course, if everyone studied hard and got a high MCAT, then they can apply anywhere they want to. It's just not as easy as it sounds.

OP without any other information about you, it is near impossible to give you any advice besides study hard for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
my highest practice test was a 26. I made a 31 on the real one

Well that's encouraging, those practice tests I took were before I started studying.. meaning before today, so I'm hoping things go up.

Maybe you can go fer DO? Oh yeah wait you are. Okay. :thumbdown:

Your point?

You think you will get into an allo school with a 3.3 and potential MCAT score ranging from 20-25? Even if you get a 30, a 3.3 isn't going to help your case, even if you live in the state of FL.

Go with your original plan of dentistry instead.

Maybe you can go fer DO? Oh yeah wait you are. Okay. :thumbdown:

well at least you'll be able to showcase your charm at interviews. unfortunately in order to showcase your charm at interviews, you'll probably need to, you know, get interviews.

Your point?

You think you will get into an allo school with a 3.3 and potential MCAT score ranging from 20-25? Even if you get a 30, a 3.3 isn't going to help your case, even if you live in the state of FL.

Go with your original plan of dentistry instead.

That is if he does well on the DAT
:smuggrin:

Not to be mean or anything but this thread reminds me a little of American idol...

That is if he does well on the DAT
:smuggrin:

Well, if the DAT is as easy as I keep hearing it is relative to the MCAT, then I sure as hell hope BK does well on it. I know one person who bombed the MCAT (less than 20) both times, and now he'll be going off to Dental school because he did well on the DAT -- 1st try. I guess it has to do with no physics ... :laugh:

I'll show all of you!! ILL SHOW TEH HOLE WERLD I CAN DO IT m'KAY !!?!?@?@?@?

lol. ahh... beatrix kiddo. sdn would not be the same without you.

You're cute. Apply to Wayne State SOM in DeTroit. Not my president either.

Lols, where the hell is Detroit?? New york? It sounds pretty hood.
Anyway, the President sign is really for the girl who won the election on my campus for student body president, she sucks and totally bribed people to get votes!!

Lols, where the hell is Detroit?? New york? It sounds pretty hood.
Anyway, the President sign is really for the girl who won the election on my campus for student body president, she sucks and totally bribed people to get votes!!

LOL i love this guy. Makin' my day :)

Dr Detroit: you can have that avatar too, it's one of the custom ones from the website options!

LOL i love this guy. Makin' my day :)

Lol, aww I'm happy to hear that babe. Congrats on being in Med school. Btw, I'm not a guy, I'm a girl!