Out of state student enrolling in Podiatry School...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvpatel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in MS and there are no Podiatry Schools in my state..so my question is

Do Pod. schools prefer an in-state student over out of state..

is there any schools that allow out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

doesnt matter. all private schools. hurry up and apply if you want to get in this year. your state may or may not help with private scholarships, not related to academic/merit scholarships given by the schools

doesnt matter. all private schools. hurry up and apply if you want to get in this year. your state may or may not help with private scholarships, not related to academic/merit scholarships given by the schools

I still have 3 years of undergrad left. It seems like it will be harder to get into a Podiatry School since there are only a handful of schools in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think any schools give preference to applicants based on residence, and to my knowledge, Temple is the only school that charges higher tuition for OOS students. You have to check with the programs directly for most current info and tuition figures, though....

http://www.aacpm.org/html/collegelinks/cl_schools.asp

It's like a 3K difference with Temple (in state vs out of state). Definitely nicer in undergrad!

Most states dont have a Pod School, so togive preference to instate would mean very little Pods practicing in most states.