out of state vs instate (cali)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jellopie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any cali residents going to an out of state school but returning to cali to live after pharm school?

Do you think that its better to go to an out of state school or an in state one even though you will be returning to cali after that? Would the tests be harder? I heard that the cali schools will teach students what they need to know to pass a law test in california. Wouidl passing this test be much more difficult if i went to an out of state school?

ok thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

no, it really doesn't matter where you go to school in order to pass the exam. the material covered in pharm school should more than prepare you for the naplex test. i am considering schools outside of california, specifically three year programs. I'm looking as far east as arizona and far north as washington. Do I intend on returning back to California after I get a Pharm D? Unlikely. It's too expensive here, and even making a 100K won't take you very far in Cali anymore. :laugh:

jellopie said:
Any cali residents going to an out of state school but returning to cali to live after pharm school?

Do you think that its better to go to an out of state school or an in state one even though you will be returning to cali after that? Would the tests be harder? I heard that the cali schools will teach students what they need to know to pass a law test in california. Wouidl passing this test be much more difficult if i went to an out of state school?

ok thanks!
I don't think it should make a big difference if you go in-state or out-of-state. All schools prepare you for the Naplex. And for the law exam in California, you can always study that on your own if necessary. Going out-of-state has its benefits, ie. much cheaper, different experience, etc. Goodluck :luck:

blueclassring said:
...Do I intend on returning back to California after I get a Pharm D? Unlikely. It's too expensive here, and even making a 100K won't take you very far in Cali anymore. :laugh:
haha yah I totally agree with you. It's so expensive to even buy a house here and the impact state taxes will have on your paycheck... :smuggrin:
I might move to Texas (or Florida) :cool: