out of state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If schools ask the question (and this is for out of state interviews), do you plan on practicing here in (pick your place) or do you plan on going back home. WHat is the best answer for that? Considering I have never been to this school let alone state (Creighton) what do you think I should say or is there a clever way of saying I don't know. I mean if I like the place after four years then I might consider it.

Members don't see this ad.

dentalguy said:
If schools ask the question (and this is for out of state interviews), do you plan on practicing here in (pick your place) or do you plan on going back home. WHat is the best answer for that? Considering I have never been to this school let alone state (Creighton) what do you think I should say or is there a clever way of saying I don't know. I mean if I like the place after four years then I might consider it.

This is only my experience, but I've never been asked the question, or even heard of the question being asked - do they really expect any student to make that decision before even STARTING d-school? :confused:. If it does come up, I'd say you should be honest and say you'd definately consider it, based on what you learn about the state, the contacts you make, etc. in d-school.

Honesty is the best way to go - it came up in a couple of my interviews and I said I had no idea where I wanted to settle down and would be better able to make that decision in four years. Practicing in (your state) is not something I'd rule out but I'm not set on any location at this point in time, a lot depends on where I decide to go to school, etc. If you give them the answer they want to hear (I've always dreamed of living in Nebraska?) they'll probably think you're doing just that and it will make other things you say a little less credible- unless you can back it up with real reasons you'd want to live there, which in Nebraska's case, I can't think of many. Most boring drive ever!