Out-of-Staters at U of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm about to decide on the U of MN, and am wondering if there are any current students/prospective students who are from out-of-state, and what they think about it.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from out of state, and considering attending UMN in the fall. Let's hear your thoughts on the school. What's on your mind? I'll try to respond to any specific questions you might have. Take it easy.

I was just wondering if either one of you had received anything from the financial aid office regarding costs (i.e. a financial aid package)....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am U of M alumn. Only been out of there 3 years now. Faculty, university, academics were all great in my opinion. People were very friendly, including the staff and students. If your worrying about the weather, don't be to scared. April thru October can be beautiful weather. I like the season changes. Winter can be a bit tough, but your indoors anyways, and it's not 9 months long!!

My choices were in Med school were between U of M and AZ, I know I made the right choice. But I'm not you. So, go with your gut...

Thanks for the words, Royal. I think it's a great program, and have to give the thumbs up/thumbs down by Monday. I received in-state tuition and some cash so it's certainly a very attractive choice. My only concern is about getting a residency on the East Coast (NYC, Boston)...do they have a good track record there?