Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Out-of-Staters at U of Minnesota

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldie, Jun 3, 2002.

1. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey, I'm about to decide on the U of MN, and am wondering if there are any current students/prospective students who are from out-of-state, and what they think about it.

Thanks for your help.

2. yOUkNOWtHIS

yOUkNOWtHIS Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm from out of state, and considering attending UMN in the fall. Let's hear your thoughts on the school. What's on your mind? I'll try to respond to any specific questions you might have. Take it easy.

3. Caligurl

Caligurl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering if either one of you had received anything from the financial aid office regarding costs (i.e. a financial aid package)....

4. Royal Oil

Royal Oil Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    I am U of M alumn. Only been out of there 3 years now. Faculty, university, academics were all great in my opinion. People were very friendly, including the staff and students. If your worrying about the weather, don't be to scared. April thru October can be beautiful weather. I like the season changes. Winter can be a bit tough, but your indoors anyways, and it's not 9 months long!!

My choices were in Med school were between U of M and AZ, I know I made the right choice. But I'm not you. So, go with your gut...

5. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the words, Royal. I think it's a great program, and have to give the thumbs up/thumbs down by Monday. I received in-state tuition and some cash so it's certainly a very attractive choice. My only concern is about getting a residency on the East Coast (NYC, Boston)...do they have a good track record there?

6. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

7. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    what are your choices?