Out-of-Staters that applied to Univ of Arkansas ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any out of staters applied to UAMS? If so, did you guys get an invite for interview? I called and they said that they had made a decision last friday about who would get interviewed on Jan 12th and sent the letters out. So they should be coming anyday now. How is the interview there?

Altaskier
ps. I haven't heard yet though

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. I got the invite via certified mail today. Don't know if I am going to go yet.

Do you really have a hankerin' to go there? What about Vermont? I am still waiting to hear from VT, but am holding one acceptance and one alternate list already and don't know if the slight increase in mean temperature offered by ARK is worth it.

Yeh, I am debating whether to go too. The humidity down there can really kill you. But, I didn't recieve anything today from them. What are your strong ties to the state? As for VT, I heard from them a week ago. Don't trip out if you get a THIN envelope, because my acceptance envelope was reaaly THIN, just like a thin rejection envelope. When did you interview there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where have you gotten in?
Where are you on hold/waiting list?

Really weak, extended-family ties to state, accepted MCO, alternate GWU, interview at U of Minnesota Friday.

The good thing about the interview is that it is on a Saturday. NOW COME ON. Tell me why you want to go there!

Well good luck at U of Minn. Well, I got an uncle who lives there and lots of friends/family there. It ain't my top choice, but I don't want to leave all my options open. Any school in Cali is my top choice. But I figure that I got a free plane ticket there anyway (For reasons to long to describe) so I might as well. It's either sit on my ass or go. So, why not make an outing of it and see family as well. What did the invite letter say? Thin or thick envelope? (Break me down all the logistics). Personally, I'd rather use the plane ticket go skiing, but I can't. Mid Jan is prime time. Did you interview at VT? I remember the med students/dean of admin telling us that out-of-staters get in off the waitlist. I mean, all the med students we ate with were out-of-staters and they all got put on the waitlist, except for one. I guess they are accepting more right off the bat this year. So hang on! What Cali schools did you apply to? What's your "reasonable" top pick?

It is certified mail, so you nee dyour i.d. to sign for it. Medium-thick envelope. I would go to a CA school, top choice, but have liked a lot of the other ones I have interviewed at, including Vermont.

Sorry, I am in a rush, have to get to the airport early today...

Why is Vermont such a popular school for out of staters? I know it's a good school, but something like 5,500 people from out of state apply there. I lived in VT for four years when I was going to school at Middlebury College, so that's my connection. I was just wondering what other people's reasons were.

Good skiing, but not as good as the west coast. NOT EVEN CLOSE !!!!!

Okay Watto, I got my invite the other day when I got back from vacation. Are u going on Jan 12th??

Not going. Researched school, decided that even if I did get in I would choose another. Have a great interview!
p.s. I have not heard from USC as of yet, either.

Watto, just wondering what you found out about the school when researching it? What turned you off? (Besides the majestic setting of Little Rock --- JOKING).