Out of the ordinary questions at your interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keliao

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the most uncommon questions u'v been asked at an interview? and at which school?

Members don't see this ad.

Considering most people surfing these forumns are pre-dental and many have not had interviews it is going to be a tough question to answer. Check out the interview feedback at: http://more.studentdoctor.net/schoollist.php?type=3

There are all the schools posted there and you can check out each school your interested in and peoples feedback from interviews. There is a section in each interview feedback that goes over questions that were asked. Hope that helps.

One of the questions from the interview feedback was, "If you were any type of fruit, which would you be and why?" Weird!

Members don't see this ad :)
OH!
I am not sure if yall have heard of this one.. it wasnt a question, more of a task that they had the applicants perform - - to see how they handle stressors, etc?

Task: Could you jump through the window (they are not on the ground floor)?

What would you do?

One of the questions from the interview feedback was, "If you were any type of fruit, which would you be and why?" Weird!

=) duuude, these questions are so cool though.
Easy way to answer any of these "If you were any type of ____,..."
questions is by coming up with attributes of the ____ that stand out.

For example: I was asked If I was an animal, what would I be?
Monkey: playful (if you want to show your personality)
Lion: king (this would be a little self-obsessed)
Snake: haha, dont use it...
Dog: loyal

I chose giraffe... I would be so tall that I could always attempt to get things that are out of reach. :)