Outpatient Psych Caseload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zenman1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what an average caseload is for outpatient psych? Mine is 796 patients.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what an average caseload is for outpatient psych? Mine is 796 patients.

Sheesh, how many encounters do you average per day? Is this panel your, "active", patients? I split mine into, "active", "inactive", and, "terminated". Active is anyone I've seen within 6 months, inactive within 18 months, and terminated as anyone else. (although they always come back). I'm child psych and my active panel is 182, and most days I don't even have the time to take a leak. I can't imagine what your days are like if that number is active patients.

Also, the plethora of datasets available on the BHSL website, including the cart, is very useful for learning lots of things about your practice. It's also useful to compare to others and learn things such as you'd like. Even the CART spreadsheet has useful things if one excludes the RVU numbers.

10-12 encounters daily depending on the number of intakes. Two prescribers left in June and I've been the only prescriber in a multi-D clinic and have not had time to clean out BHDP. I have help now and just started but wouldn't you know it, I haven't been able to access the reports section for days. In December I was selected employee of the month and the presentation was made during grand rounds in absentia, since I was back at the hospital seeing patients!