Outrageous questions... why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted988566

Hello,

I'm sure someone may have asked this before, please link me if you know of such a forum existing. I could not find it by searching.

What are adcoms evaluating when they ask the question of "If you were part of a bicycle, what part would you be?" or "What is your favorite pixar movie?" "Who's your favorite Marvel character?"

My guess is they want to see if you're capable of giving a meaningful response and interpreting who you are as a person overall.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably to see if you can cut loose a bit and have fun with weird questions.

I would ask applicants what their favorite Pokemon is so if they answer Landorus-T I know they're a serial killer.

Reactions: 1 users
I asked questions like that as a facility admin because I believe the way you answer speaks to who you are. So many people prepare for interviews studying hundreds of questions. Getting whatever it is IS important right? ....but it's not always about answering questions correctly....sometimes it's about being able to communicate clearly and think on your feet....both are important in medicine. The minute you stumble with a patient, your intelligence is questioned....you ramble and trust is lost.

And sometimes those questions are meant to make you smile and relax....nobody likes a stone faced robot. I had a very close knit team of nurses, we got a long well. I was completely aware of their personalities..... I was also aware of the type of personality traits needed for the job and my sites. if you were a tightly wound robot who couldn't smile and relax, you were not right for my team.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.